Beta's questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by newme, Jun 30, 2012.

1. newme

newme Well-Known Member

When the Beta is over with, will we be able to keep what we have, gold, houses, etc., or will
    all be wiped? Knowing would be helpful, in spending gold. LOL
    Thanks all
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

you will only keep the characters created and a few basic items on them. this will give you a good headstart on launch day and promote testing all chars/aspects of the server during our beta phase.... so spend away :)
  3. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

Indeed newme, so take every dime you have and invest it in GMing skills. Once the server hits day 1, you will be in a position to do some serious damage. Whether it be, Crafting, resource gathering, PvPing, or whatever.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

thanks appricate
  5. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

Are we going to have Runics? Alot of downsides to it imo. But some upside as well I guess...
  6. HateCrime

This is being debated.. if there are runics I think they might just be a faction item? not sure.
  7. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

As a faction item, I think it would be fine to an extent. I just don't want this to turn into an item based game where everyone is running around with indes/supreme acc/vanqs. Imo even the wep drops on mobs should be 1/10000 if that. And 1/7500ish for powers. ( Maybe not that low, but the rarer to better imo.)

Remember way back when, when you actually got a vanq or power you didn't wanna get caught with it because losing it would suck. Make Gm weps worth something imo.

Edit: As well as armor :p.
  8. HateCrime

I agree Rainbow. I HIGHY HIGHLY doubt that everyone will be running around in runics... One runic charge will likely cost someone like 200-400k lol. We definitely don't want a tramelite shard :)
  9. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I totally agree. That was the main reason why I quit regular UO was because it became too much of a item based

game, gm meant little to nothing, which totally what UO was not about to start with. So glad other's agree

thanks
  10. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

I agree, my issues isn't with the "now" or even 3-5 months into the server. It's the 6 months and beyond, that worry me.

The Upside to them which is why I said factions to an extent, is because if people wanted them it would force them to join factions which would in turn increase the PvP :)!!! Biggest thing is there is no Trammel to hide in here like there was on OSI.

But after 6 months to even a couple years of being here players will be able to fork up the required K's to buy them. So if it honestly came down to it. Overall i'd just say "please no". Unless it were for factions only and even then I'd personally want limits or to make the runics rare.
  11. HateCrime

I fully agree with everything you have stated. I could definitely do without runics myself. However, if they do make it to launch they will not be how we remember them. The staff fully shares our opinion on this matter and will come up with a viable option if one is available, if not they wont put them ingame. Everyone is focused on the longterm.
  12. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

runics were one of the blows that really killed pvp for me on osi, especially bad as faction runics... GM quality 25 vanq spear was just unavoidable death with a parablow and the right rolls... it would have been bad enough without parablow.
  13. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Big Ditto. Reason I was drawn to this shard was for all the non pvp things. Im not a pvper myself , soo

anyway thanks all the staff and folks
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Smithing BOD Rewards are currently in deep review and we are working on these exact concerns. While we work out how to best implement this, you can rest easily knowing that players will not be running around with super powered blessed weapons.

Also keep this in mind, we will be adjusting the BOD system to disable BOD farming entirely so a server full of players with these uber weapons will not be possible.

For example on OSI you could get 1 small BOD per hour per character, with just .01 in that skill. This will not be possible on Renaissance.

You will need an acceptable level of the trade skill in order to have a chance to receive a small BOD, and an even higher level of skill to have a chance to get a large BOD.

We will work through the rest of the system reviewing each aspect to resolve exploits such as this. (99.9 magic resist, .01 Smithing = 24 BOD's a day)

As we call it History Perfected.

Note: BOD = Bulk Order Deed
  15. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Sounds great. Of course it is cool to be able to make the house add ons, forges, etc, but... much bigger incentive to gm crafting skills, get the way cool rewards from larger bods.

And it is fun to finally get a large bod done, turn it in and run off with the prize. LOL

Again, thank you all for the hard work. Giant friend hugs to all you