Bitter Sweet on the 4th Anni Event.....

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Keystone, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Keystone

Keystone Well-Known Member

I had such a great time in the scavenger hunt... got a great reward... and was so happy last night seeing so many people online and actively being out doing things..... the highlight of the night was for sure the guy doing T maps during the prize's being handed out and getting a Level 7..... props to that guy for sure...... however as a very active player that plays every day It kinda blows my mind how many people were on last night when the free high end items are being given out but how a lot of those same people are never on now of days... I feel as if this is the best shard to be on if you love this era of UO..... but this game isn't bringing any many new players anymore and its mostly people who love this game and keep the dream alive.... Id like to see more of you guys out in the next few months..... remember if you want nice items you can put yourself down at a spawn point, run those t maps, make those bods, gather those resources....... you can get rich every day..... not just on prize night..... Huge props to Telamon for such a great event... but when i can farm for hours and not see another person or even a pk...... it makes ole Keystone a sad panda........ I understand life is busy as most of us are adults now..... however you can always make time for something you love doing......... Pro Tip #1.... Let's say you love UO but you Love drinking also...... BOOM consolidate and do em together......
    Xegugg, Pill, newme and 6 others like this.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That is my philosophy. I'm usually not drunk when playing UO, but I'm hardly ever sober
    Pill, newme, Orion GM BD and 2 others like this.
  3. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

My biggest problem to be honest with you is getting bored. I'll admit, I'm lazy in terms of making new characters/training them up as well. Seems to be how it is for me and Ultima (My last 3-4 returns to UOG Hybrid) but when I was a kid I could play all day non-stop and nevere get bored even if I was just doing nothing at all.

Seems to be my problem with everything as of lately, work/fun/whatever.... Especially gaming tho, I just can't play like I used to and it fucking kills me
    newme likes this.
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  5. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Yeah, PKs always seem to find me :)

gotta check for lojack !
    Dorian Andrael, shad and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

agree, sorry you don't see me in game when you are as well. but i hardly ever "farm" and never stay in the same place too long.

also, my personal commitment to UO is down to about maybe 4-5 hours in game.

ill point out your request to my wife and children, but i don't think they'll appreciate me consolidating family dinner with UO...

good luck out there!
    newme and One like this.
  7. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Let me know where you are farming @Keystone i will visit you.
    newme, Orion GM BD, shad and 2 others like this.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

LOL... I was going to say, "someone go PK Keystone" after reading his post
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  9. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

I think your post needs more ellipses, but that just me.....

Hi Keystone! Not sure why you think the server isnt really attracting more people these days. I have recruited, maybe, 6-10 new players into PS in the last 3 weeks or so. I think thats a pretty good number. And those are just the players who wanted to join PS, not even all the new players that have joined the server.

The people that I play with are always seeing PKs and meeting with other groups and arranging hunts and what not. So I guess I have to ask if its you just doing the same thing over and over and not seeing new people, because you arent out at any new spots? This should not sound like an attacking comment, just an observation, and perhaps I am totally wrong and you are out and simply not seeing anyone.

If you get to bored, and are a team player, you are invited to come to any public event PS runs. I cant think of anything more frustrating then not finding joy in this game that we all love. Check up on the Salty Dog or Player Run Events and see if something catches your eye.

But I guess my main point is, I assure you, we are attracting new players.

Cheers.

~Krake
    newme likes this.
  10. Keystone

I didnt mean the server isnt attracting new players.... I see tons of those I meant.. UO as a whole..... with as many MMO's in existance now of days.... with fancy graphics and such Its hard for someone who has never played UO to find and pick this game..... I feel as if This shard brings in tons of old blood at one time or another...... also with as many games that walk you thru now the learning curve of UO is kinda steep..... This shard is great at bringing in new old players.... Uo is alot like having a drinking problem....... you only think you quit..... you never do.............. also i love typing with ellipses there cool..... also i might be a tad spoiled when it comes to gaming time.... My Fire Ass Hot Wife..... new about my UO problem when she agreed to the deal..... This week is actually 10 years.... we are about to head outta town but she told me I could still get my Bods..... Lucky dude I am
  11. Keystone

Also mad props to PS ..... they do tons of work to bring in new old players
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    newme, ReZon, Zyler and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

I tried to get some kids I know to play and they were like "but the graphics are so horrible..." to which I replied "BUT THAT'S THE POINT. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.". Some people just don't know a good thing when they see it. I also use to think about buying a PS3...now I just think about mare spawns and if my recall/gate hotkey is set for the right rune. UO is the best.
    One, newme, Dorian Andrael and 6 others like this.
  14. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

Yeah funny how that works right?
    newme, Ogtor and Keystone like this.
  15. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I wish I had your luck Keystone... I get PK'd or chased off all too often.
    newme and Artex like this.
  16. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

My guess is, your problem is the time of the day you are playing. Because I have the same issues during my gametime, which is during deep US nights and early US mornings: I can farm for hours at hotspots without any PK or other player approaching. And IRC is pretty dead too. In general the EU time has died out since the Shard move compared to some months ago.

But I also realize from Forum tales and trades that the US evenings must be very lively.
    One, newme, ReZon and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Today I jumped on shortly during my lunch hour (1pm CDT) to try to farm for a bit. People were at Shame Elders, Shame Bloods, Hyth Balrons, Thera Balrons, and when I died farming Shadow Wyrms, I saw a couple of reds running around Destard's 1st Floor.

Saw plenty of activity at "off-hours".
  18. Keystone

yea strangely enough before I went back to day shift I as on from about 2pm ET till 5PM Et and seen lots of action.... now that I play of an evening its much slower....
    newme likes this.
  19. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

ya...... OK..... I can get behind the last statement......
    Keystone likes this.
  20. newme

newme Well-Known Member

" but this game isn't bringing any many new players anymore and its mostly people who love this game and keep the dream alive.... Id like to see more of you guys out in the next few months"

I kind of agree with this, but not for reasons you stated. Don't forget, many players (due to real life) just can't play everyday. Another factor is the season, One reason I don't play as much lately is it's been summer. I do tons of outdoor stuff in nice weather. You might change your mind once folks are more house bound because of weather. :)

Also many of us "old timers" don't really farm often. Busy doing other things in game, running vendor shops for one. Personally, I've been moving things around in houses. Been downsizing to open up house spots for newer players.
    You are correct, I think, about UO not bringing in tons of new players. It will never be as it was in UO's glory days. Lot of people, though, go to Trammy servers. Trammel was/is very popular for folks who either don't want pvp, or that is the time frame they started playing and feel more comfortable in Trammel. Some play on super "family" servers, to play with their younger children or grand kids. But UO as a game, does draw in a fair share of newer people. Don't forget there is a list of the top 500 UOof free servers. New people to the game are spread far and wide.
    UOR is rather a unique server, we have appeal to all the play styles. And not a "pay to win" Many other ones are hard core pvp or hard core Trammel; with pay to win aspects.

anyway, thanks for the thread. Interesting one.

:)
    Keystone and Artex like this.