Black sails in the horizon

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Dragkhar, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Locksley looked out of his tower window.
    It was an early morning and the sun worked hard to burn away the nights fog over the sea that still lingered thick and heavy.
    A light breeze blew from land and dug deep holes in the fog giving it an unnatural look, almost like a living being.
    The fog shifted and created shapes that could make a person with even the slightest imagination to believe of all sorts of beasts and strange things.
    "No wonder the fishermen speak of lock lake monsters and what not", Locksley whispered to himself.

All the sudden the wind made a large opening in the fog that made it possible to see straight through it. Behind the thick wall of mist the water lay clear bathing in the sun and for a fraction of a second Locksley could see all the way to the horizon.
    As he turned away from the window something caught his attention in the corner of his eyes, he turned his head back quickly and got a glimpse of something through the closing gap in the mist, something black, something that haven't been sighted in these water for centuries, something that frighten him and send a chill down his spine.
    The opening in the mist closed as sudden as it had opened but he was sure what he had seen, black sails in the horizon, pirates, and the worst sort of them as well, Braavosian Sealords.
    Why were they back and what would this mean for the future of Sosaria?

To be continued...

The ship sailed swift through the water closing up on the Serpent pillar quickly.
    The easiest part of the journey back home lay behind them, now the tricky part begun.
    Rackham the Red looked up at the sun and down to his sextant to calculate the best way around Jhelom and Cape Honor.
    "I think I will save us some time and take the passage between the city and Honor and then steer straight northward" he thought for himself.
    "The extra time we save will grant us a quick docking at Buccaneer's den to fill up our storage of rum and salted meat, maybe I'll even find myself a fare wench to bring back home harr harr"

The crew had gone restless the last few days and needed a break from the endless sea, even a short stop at Buccs would cheer them up enough not to cause any trouble on the last weeks sail home.
    "Hmm maybe we could do a short raid on Trinsic while we're here, that truly would bring the crew spirit up again!"
    The city of Trinsic were known for its beauty, sleepy guards and rich middle class, but then again, the Braavos haven't raided in this area for many many years, a lot might have changed since his fathers father sailed these waters.

"I think we can risk a short raid after all, we will set up a temporary base on Bald island and attack at dawn with two of our biggest dragon ships, return with the loot to pick up the rest from Bald and then head towards home. If the loot turns out to be meager I'll let my boys feast in Buccs as compensation"

This was a bold plan cause Rackham was not used to these waters but stubborn as he was his mind were set.
    After all, his grandfather used to rule these waters long ago ...
    It was time to show these landlubbers who truly ruled the seas of Sosaria

To be continued ...

Finally they reached Bald island, it was early in the afternoon and storm clouds started to form up at the horizon far out at sea.
    The autumn was a unpredictable time of the year, one day sun and firm winds, the next stormy weather and thunder.
    Now it sure looked like a thunder storm were on its way and if unlucky it would hit them right in the deadlights during the night.

"Allright ye bilge rats, drop anchor and bring supplies and materials on shore and build us some huts!" roared Rackham the Red.
    "Only our High Lord will know how long we'll have to stay on this damn island" he thought.
    His men swiftly obeyed his orders and before nightfall three huts have been raised to protect them against the possible storm that drew closer for every hour.
    Three huts were good, but not good enough, Rackham needed one for himself and all his men did not have room to stay in the other two so Rackham ordered them to sleep on the ship, fill one hut with food and rum, that would not be needed for tomorrows raid against Trinsic, and to leave the second hut for their wenches they'd brought from the far south.
    There would be no jolly in the beds this night, his men needed sleep.

Rackham stayed up long that night, looking at maps, planning the raid and listening to the wind. "This could either go directly to Davey Jones locker or be a great success" he thought, but thinking of defeat was not suitable for a Sealord and Rackham soon dismissed that thought and started to dream about how he would get praised when he returned home as the first Sealord Captain whom had dared to plunder a town under Lord British rule, a glorious thought filled with promises of great treasures and fame.
    Little did he know what fate his decision would bring him.

Rackham fell asleep over his writing desk with one thought spinning in his head, "tomorrow he would show them all ..."

At the same time in Britain.

Locksley finally made it to Britain, entering the south gate.
    It was late and the wind had picked up in strength.
    It had been a long journey and Locksley's legs were aching, after an almost 12 hours walk to the main capital.
    "I wonder if Lord British will see me, last time I was here I spent a week in jail" he thought to himself smiling

"Who walk there?!" a strong voice suddenly roared from the guard towers roof above him.
    "Darn it, I just cant stand those hired brutes Lord British have put to service of late" Locksley thought
    "Oh sire, I am just a traveller that seek a room over the night, I am sure that The Wayfarer's Inn have a spare room for me and if it pleases my lord I can find my way there by myself"
    - "I know you, you are that Thief Locksley we caught just less than a month ago, at that very Inn robbing the owner!"
    "Shit, what were the odds for this?" Locksley thought, yes he had tried to rob the owner and yes he got caught, but who would remember him? Just a small thief in a large city ...
    The guard shouted a quick order to his men below and before he knew it he had been caught and put in iron and were now on his way to the city dungeons led by two guards.
    "Please listen to me good sire, I need to talk to Lord British"
    -"Yes of course you do, tomorrow, or maybe next week, not tonight, lord British are having a feast and you are nothing but a small thief"
    "But there is no time for delay, I have important news to tell him, the Braavosian Sealords are back"
    -"Hahaha yes, and Lord British promised me to bed his sister... now shut your pie hole and pray to the moon you will see him before the winter villian!"

The guard slammed the iron barred door shut, locked it and walk off.
    Locksley were left in darkness without hope to warn Lord British before it was too late, but what had he hoped for, that Lord British would actually listen to a known thief at this hour and on top of that believe what he had to say, such a foolish thought ....

To be concluded ....

Rackham woke up to the sound of a storm outside.
    Tis didnt bode well but he was determined to go through with this.

He lit a lantern and went outside and walked quickly down to his ships.
    "Wake up ye bilgerats, open yer deadlights the dawn is almost upon us we sail now!"
    His pirates slowly begun to stir and one after another the buccaneers, musketeers, cutthroats, braavos and quartermasters came up n deck.
    After 10 minutes all were gathered and eagerly listened to what their captain had to say.

"We sail at once men, we will take them by surprise when they are still in their beds sucking their thumbs! Set sail, load the cannons, fill the gun powder, sharpen yer swords. We sail for gold, we sail for richness we sail for GLOOORYY!!"

His pirates roared and hurried to their posts.

No more than 20 minutes later his three deadliest war gallons were in it way towards his ... biggest mistake ever.

Rackham noticed the wind pick up speed and the ships darted faster and faster through the water, dangerously fast, but he didnt care, this was HIS day, this was HIS glory, it was within reach and all he had to do was take it.

Witch a loud CRASH the ship collided with a small tiny island and so did its sister ship to his left, What the hell was this!!?? An island not on his maps, where did it come from??!!
    The ships where stuck, Rackham were furious and in his anger he slew 5 of his closets pirates on deck.

Not far from the island, called Onion island by the local fishermen, a small ship had seen what happened, first the fisherman steered towards the ships to see if they needed aid but as soon as he saw the black sails and their pirate flag he turned around and steered towards Trinsic to warn the local militia.

30 minutes later the Town criers in every town in the realm warned the free people what was going on and begged them all for aid, this was too much for the guards to handle.

Hear ye! Hear ye!
    A pirate armada has been sighted just outside Trinsic at Onion island just S/E of Trinsic
    All free folks gather together for this threat to our realms
    Join together to kill this evil pirate lord while he's still stuck.

Epilogue:

Rackham roared to his pirates "hold the island, death to all Landlubbers!"
    The battle seemed to go Rackhams way but slowly the enemy grew bolder and took more ground, at this point the battle was even, he had to do soemthing, but what?

He did what every pirate captain would do in his position, abandoned the ship and let his second in command, Adolph, keep the ground.
    Rackham swam to shore and hurried up in cover of the trees, slowly making his way back to Bald island.
    This was surely a day to remember, but not a day to brag about, he could never return home now, after this, he would be haunted and laughed at, he needed revenge, and revenge he would have, on the damn Sosarian landlubbers!!!
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Jupiter, Mes, bart simpson and 4 others like this.
  2. Shamgar

Shamgar New Member

I like this...
    bart simpson likes this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Hey this event was great! Two ships and six sailors divvied up some great treasure. Thanks!
    Dragkhar likes this.
  4. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Thank you Mes, happy you liked it!
    Mes likes this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Agreed, had a lot of fun.
    Dragkhar likes this.