BlackEye's Public Barding House in Ocllo available (open doors 24/7)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by BlackEye, Nov 6, 2018.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello future bards of UOR,

having seen some requests for provo house access gone unanswered, especially during EU times, I decided to install another barding house in Ocllo. However, in this case, the barding house access isnt restricted and always open. I expect the members of the UOR community to manage their griefing habbits by themselves and let newbie toons finish their barding skills in peace. This is naturally a high expectation considering the amount of bored maniacs around, so in case you experience griefing, I encourage public shaming of idiots in IRC and in this thread. I will always try to ban harassing people swiftly.

Enjoy and long live UO Renaissance.

OclloBardingHouse.png

Bonus:

Here are some links to guides that explain how to GM barding skills and the use of barding houses.
    - RIN's guide
    - Oldschool 2013 guide from Wil
    - Wodan's guide

Hint: The guides usually state that you need ~74-75 barding skills for the barding house method.

That's not the case:
    1) Nobody forces you to lure pirates into the house, choose easier monsters... for example combine a pirate sailor with a harpy/giant spider/orc when you are training provocation...
    2) If the sailors or other monsters you want to provoke/peace/disco are too tough, you can make to the barding attempt easier--> use player made GM barding instruments and decrease the difficulty by 10 points. This way, one could theoretically start provoking pirate sailors at ~65.0 skill points. Do not forget to switch back to NPC shop instruments once you hit ~75 skill points.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 5:19 AM
    Mr. Green, rick, Raajaton and 16 others like this.
  2. Syntax

Syntax Member

Just GMed two toons there. Thanks!
    BlackEye likes this.
  3. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Well done - thanks for providing this for the community.
    BlackEye likes this.
  4. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

Very nice! It make me sad to see an old request for provo house access that may have gone unanswered. We try to monitor for them but can’t always respond quickly to everyone.
    BlackEye likes this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I just finished an overnight stay. The service was great, the amenities plentiful, the furnishings thoughtful, and the complimentary continental breakfast diverse and flavorful.

8/10 would stay again
    Hoominaga, Syntax and BlackEye like this.
  6. Hetch

Hetch New Member

So what's the best way to macro bard skills once your young status wears off? I'm a dexxer but want to add musicianship and provocation. Thanks
  7. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Added links to some guides in the OP.