Blaise's Possible Bug Report

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Blaise, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Things I've noticed thus far that just don't seem right but might be for this shard.

Vendors do not respond unless you are within a two tile radius of them. If I recall correctly, this should be around 4-5, but I've never really counted.

I murdered myself (two accounts) and I got no prompt to report the murder. Not sure what happened. I know I reported someone for murder when they killed me the other day, but this time, nothing.

Fairly certain stable masters sold not only crooks but food for pets as well (fruits and stuff).

I know I've noticed some more, but I forgot already. I'll update this as I remember or find others. :)
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I'm currently looking for some reference to this in the patch notes. If anyone finds anything let me know.

If you can reproduce the problem I would like to know the circumstances. Realistically it was probably just a core check that failed.

World: "Player Blaise has murdered an innocent"
    Server: "Wait, What?"
    World: "I know right"
    Server: "Well since hell has frozen over, no need to report the murder."

Crooks will be added to the inventory of stable masters.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The circumstances regarding the murder: I ran up on my alt and shot him dead with my bow. My alt got no prompt to report the murder.
    I have seen murder prompts before (when Gymkhana killed my Blaise char at the GY, I counted him).

Perhaps it knew it was a fluke because I was killing myself, but I dunno, different accounts, same IP, perhaps has something to do with it.

Additional potential bug:
    When provoking animals or monsters, for example, a troll provoked on an ettin, once the fight is done, the victor does not immediately target the provoker. This could just be my understanding from UOSA, but that always seemed appropriate. As it is now, the mobs go neutral until they 'notice' and 'attack' you again, like you just wandered up on them.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Also got this one recently. Granted, this will not affect too many people, but here goes:
    [​IMG]
    I play on a 55" display (LCD TV) and my UO Gameplay window is centered, at the bottom of the display, leaving huge black space around it. When playing in such a way, the damage pop ups that should be over the player's head, are way off to the side (see red 1 off to the left).
    When I move the gameplay window to the top left area, it centers out properly. It's kinda like the placement of houses. If I don't move the gameplay window to the top left, the ghost-house doesn't appear where it will actually place when I click to place.

Thanks
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Interesting, what resolution? I will try and re-produce this and see if I can come up with a fix.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, definitely not a breaker, but it looks funny. I'm running at 1920x1080 resolution. Gameplay window is not stretched (800x600), just moved to the bottom center.

Further notes:
    Created new guild, set guildmaster's title. Added first guild member (not including GM). Upon assigning a title, I found the guildmaster's name in the list, untitled.
    The guildmaster's title should/can not be set via the Grant a title to another member.
    Also of note on this topic, in the title assignment list of names, the currently assigned title is not visible. I see both the GM's name, and my one member, but no titles.

Next bug:
    Tracking.
    I've successfully trained Tracking to 30.0 (Real). It seems to have hit a wall at 12.0 at which point selecting WHAT to track from the first gump gained further skill.
    However, at 30 tracking, I can come to just close enough range that an NPC's name shows at the edge of my screen yet when I track NPCs, it says none are in the area. :)
    Tracking has worked, but only on things I can see on screen already. I ran 30 Tracking on UOSA for a long while (before raising it) and I could track successfully out about 1.5-2 full screens.

Good luck and thanks for the response. :)
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I've read on other free servers that tracking always seems to be a glaring bug that the staff never resolved completely. This would lead me to believe that out of the box it doesn't function very well. I will get this on my work list, however any information about how it should work in the era would be handy. (Range, Success Rate, Skill Checks for tracked players)
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Further notes:
    Created new guild, set guildmaster's title. Added first guild member (not including GM). Upon assigning a title, I found the guildmaster's name in the list, untitled.
    The guildmaster's title should/can not be set via the Grant a title to another member.
    Also of note on this topic, in the title assignment list of names, the currently assigned title is not visible. I see both the GM's name, and my one member, but no titles.

Any word on this Chris?
    I've got five pages of members now and it's a bugging not being able to see titles on the guildstone menu.