Blast from the Past....

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by The Watch, Sep 2, 2014.

1. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Okay, I've been curious about this for a while now... Clearly a lot of the people drawn to this shard are here because we remember the glory days of UO, before the neon hair dyes, the sun glasses, the wicked this and that and the other. Basically, we remember, and longed for, the good ole days.

So, that in mind, I was curious where everyone was from (in a UO sense, of course). I don't know if this has been done before, and if so, I apologize in advance.

Anyway, I am a long time UO vet. I played the Chesapeake shard from 98 to 06. I had two main character, Zeddar and Lumber man. I was in several guilds, most notably KB, SxC, and Heartkin. Helped found the towns of Shadowcove and later, Silvervale.

I had a guy on Drachenfels I played during server down time, but he wasn't all that popular with the locals, so I'll leave him out of it.

Well, hope to hear from some others out there. And, to be honest, I was kind of curious if any of the old gang was still around....

Happy hunting!
    LanDarr and Jupiter like this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

1997-2004 On and off again

Played Lake Superior and Great Lakes

Main Characters:

Paul Atreides
    Hangfire
    Lunatic Fringe
    Disco Inferno
    Rage

Memorable moment: A ten vs. three past Buc's Den gate with my bestest UO friend, Column, who was able to kill six, yes you read that right six other toons before Sultani and I were able to kill two and the other two recalled.

Of course that's back when my dedication to UO and pot-smoking were at it's pinnacle and my reflexes were that of a tweaked out puma, but that's why we call them the good old days lol
    LanDarr, The Watch and Jupiter like this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I played Sonoma and ran around with all the cleverness of a 13 year old and just did stuff. If I ran into a pk back then I probably would have thought it was just a very difficult npc
    The Watch likes this.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Rolled on Pacific and Atlantic (I think some Napa briefly if I recall) and was either Masseuth or Zorn, my smithy. Can't even remember the other random chars I had but I never played nearly as serious as I have in the last four years.

I was 18 when I got this game at launch. :p
    LanDarr and The Watch like this.
  5. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

I like this thread.

I played from the mid 90's to the early 00's and then on off again up till now.
    OSI shard: Napa Valley.
    I was a part of GNN and Jade Empire on that shard.
    Was so happy when I got my first small tower, felt like SO much work to get. And I was a stupid dexxer, so it was kinda hard.

Memorable moments:
    #1: 5 manning Deceit with my guild (GNN) and for the first time feeling what a real MMO was like.
    #2: Tracking down and killing a PKer who was preying on miners in North Brit. I went up there and geared out like I was a miner too, and when he attacked, I equipped all my real stuff and wrecked his life. Felt great.
    The Watch and LanDarr like this.
  6. orb

orb Active Member

Catskills
    The Watch likes this.
  7. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

I played on Atlantic in the early days and on into T2A and early Renaissance.

Can't remember all my characters' names but my first was crazyweasel. Yeah... I was 12 and I thought that was cool.

Come to think of it I can't remember much about the game from back then. I know that for a long time I was a do-gooder and strictly played by the rules. None of my characters were ever particularly good or notable. Most of my characters lived primarily in Delucia. Think I had a dexxer and a miner/smith? Anyways, somewhere along the way I got bitter about the direction of the game, joined forces with LuT, and got into deceiving people. Eventually I got banned from OSI permanently for sailing a boat through the streets of Britain. Oops.
    The Watch and Lord Krake like this.
  8. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

Hey!

I played at start on Catskills. My only main was a mage archer named Ker le blanc.
    I was in a french guild and we played some order chaod war! At that time u had to be fame 4 or 5 to be able to join order or chaos (if my memory is accurate).

When the euro server wnt out i played on drachenfels! Same name and as mage!
    On DF i made a dexxer (pvm) who ended GM Parry and Resist mostly bug killing Lich Lord!
    On DF i did alot of pvp and remember some great fight against Team Cow or BT (Bagook Tribe).

See u!

Ker
    The Watch and LanDarr like this.
  9. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I have played as much as possible since release, juggling my time between UO and DAoC. I have tried most of the popular MMO's from then until now, however nothing compares to either, in their own perspective.

I began my UO career on Pacific, mostly playing under the names of Criznik, Hammer, Darkkon, and Xaan. Criznik ended up being red and I befriended several FL members, most of whom I can't recall. McDuff, Heavy Metal, and Kull were a few of the names I can remember. I used to smash alot of face back in my younger days, but now that I have become a "seasoned" player, I mostly stick to "Trammy" stuff...mostly due to my craptastic internet connection. For me, what sets UO apart from everything else is that you can easily create your own destiny / adventure.

I look forward to what to UO:R has in store for us in the future.
  10. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Chessy for 10 years

MrSmithy spent his days at the North Brit forge crafting and repairing stuff making gold hand over fist... well worked for tips
    LanDarr - Katana's all the way.

I later picked up a second account and ran as Merlin or SirGaheris.

Fav Memories.. (earliest to latest)

Dying to Great Harts outside of Brit and getting rezed by someone whose name appeared in a cool red color.. I was so noob he had to explain it to me.
    House fighting at the North Brit Mines, our guild owned one house and we were besieged by others.
    Coolest early guild member was a dude named Fran.. he would wander down to Trinisic solo and fight the invading undead... Took the guild noobs with him one day, was a blast.
    Gate Fighting with House of Pain (HOP) at the Brit Gate
    Placing my first house when Tram opened up
    Running UO Outfitters at both the Destard Entrance and Large Tower east of Brit on the road - Trammel Days.

LOTS of Good Ole Day memories, Making new ones here every day
    The Watch likes this.
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

I played Atlantic from fairly early on up until ~2002. My primary characters were Captain Morgan (dungeon picker, solo Tmapper - not much has changed, I guess), Simonides (bard) and Mordessa (female axer with a pure white mohawk)
  12. Bonham

Bonham New Member

Pacific: 2000-2003 and occasionally since then. (Bonham, Bonzo, Balak, Aerotrain, Mr Dynamo)

The summer after I graduated high school a buddy of mine showed me this odd game with strange chicken & cow noises. He would stay up until the early hours of the morning playing this game, so I figured I should check it out. I was hooked right out of the gate :)

Initially I got in with a great guild (for which I can't remember the name) ran by a couple of brothers (Altair & Goliath). We had great hunts and helped out new folks. They ended up pulling me into Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) for a few years but I always came back to UO. Through them, I met up with some other great folks on Pacific and joined LOP. I played for a time and then RL comes knocking :)

First time playing a non-OSI shard & loving it. Fond memories of the olden days, but making great new memories here.
    LanDarr, The Watch and Basoosh like this.
  13. Loki

Loki Active Member

I played my old brother's characters at first but then really started playing on Drachenfels in the late 90's. I had a thief named Loki and I would terrorize the Skara Bank. My favorite memory was when I stole my first house. Back then houses were like boats in that if you had the key you owned the house. I was walking down the road outside of Skara and saw some guy outside his house. I then stole his key, ran in and locked the door. He stood outside for days trying to get me to come out but I never did. He eventually gave up and I got my first home. Big dick move I wouldn't do now, but at the time I was so happy. I then slowly got into pvp and loved dueling. Got into housing and rares. At this point I started playing on Atlantic and Catskills but I eventually made my home Pacific and really started pvping. I had a sandstone right next to the Brit moongate and I would house fight out of it all the time. I eventually ran the 3rd largest warring guild on Pacific. I had a prepatch tinker trap locked down on the porch and loved watching people walk up, open it, just to die right away. It took a few months for someone to finally come by and disarm it. Ahhhh the good ol days...
    LanDarr, The Watch and Basoosh like this.
  14. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I played Napa 98/99 until the start of UOR.

Then I played Chessy until probably 2003 or something like that.
    Lord Krake, LanDarr and The Watch like this.
  15. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I played on Lake Superior from 98 until 2004 pretty steady. I came back briefly around 07-08 and threw up in my mouth a little then quit for good.
  16. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

97- to 2004/05ish

Great Lakes, Siege, transferred to a few other servers later on for guilds fights
    Played the game with two roommates, we had a blast. Some memories, I became chieftain/klerggoth of Bloodrock Clan (Urk) led what was known as "The Big Red Machine" we had over 500 wars, we walked into Minoc with 25+orcs, and some mojokas all armed with a bow. destroying everything in our path. The non stop fun at the orc fort every night.

I also played humans and was in a large pvp guild. One of the funniest times was loading up a boat with about 50 npc archers, then sailing it over to fire docks and parking it. ANY pk that recalled into fire docks was instantly killed. This was when you could not recall into dungeons.
    Using bracelets of summoning for pvp which was very, very, very, short lived. All the giant guild wars.
    Dismounting Biggunz and killing his beetle any time I could... because I knew he would be ragey about all his pots.
    Having "picnics" on BC Island
    I had so much fun with this game, I think the best part was meeting my husband from it.

Some of the characters I played

Daphne
    Mistress X (pk)
    Veruca Salt (pk)
    Veronyka
    Violet the Mute
    Gwennyvere Balor
    Rheljik Sylvar (pk)
    Valentino (pk)
    Q-Tip (pk)
    Xegugg (in the end, was a pk)
    Zimklug
    Flur'ukugrakur
    Mortellina
    Medusa (pk)
    Happy Lamb Head (pk)
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    The Watch and Lord Krake like this.
  17. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Played Europa for about a year back in 1998. No, I don't live in Europe. I didn't even know the servers were region specific, I just thought the name was cool. I could probably be seen killing rabbits with store-bought katanas, skinning them, and then selling the meat to the Britain butcher for pennies. Rough times.

Played UOSA for a couple months, very early on. Server pop was about 30 at the time, heh.

UOR is my first major foray into 'end-game' UO.
    The Watch, Jupiter and Lord Krake like this.
  18. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

I played Europa 99 till about 06 as Samorite Wu Tang, gm tamer had Zeluvius as a lumber warrior and the guild was the "Red Hand Gang" ran with a few players like Matius, Rosemary, Thyme, XLordX was the top pvp at the time and the johnson brothers rocked

Ask Chopper was the bible and lord Annon's new player, neon hair hax's, were the bomb

Infact if i had a free game time token would love to login and see my old toons :p
    The Watch likes this.
  19. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

Hey Samorite u remember these names from Europa : Rak, Grenouille bleue, Pyros, ...
    All these was french pvp players :)
    If i remember right, XlordX started on Drachenfels as Dr Feelgood with the BT guild!

See u!
    The Watch likes this.
  20. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

Greatest of Lakes from t2a era to the beginning of AoS. I ran Playa Killaz(PK) Obviously a pk guild. We mainly pvped throughout dungeons and had a sandstone patio 2 screens north of Vesper moongate.

My Characters at that time
    Hazy-eval dexxer(red)
    Wred-Alchy stealth mage(Red)
    Niz-Heal stun(Red)
    Mrs.Robinson-axer(red)
    Makaveli-Hally mage (red)
    The Watch likes this.