BOD's for Carpenters suggestion (based on Upps)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dragkhar, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

So, had a nice chat with Ezekiel about a future BOD reward system for carpenters and felt that in order to tweak this in properly it had to go in line with the current BOD system for blacks miths and tailors.

Here is a suggestion of how I think it could look like.
    Hopefully you all think the same and raise your voices enough to get the Devs attention :)

Attached Files:

2. Dragkhar

Renaissance Volunteers

3. Caly

Caly New Member

Absolutely love it!
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

this is actually a great idea, it would make carpenters & lumberjacks more valuable while adding some cool items obtainable. A+ idea got my vote. wooden fence gates would be nice to so people can build a stable in their house using the bi weekly rares like hay etc.
  5. Eisensaft

Eisensaft New Member

Yeah i like it too, except for the decorated box and the furniture dye tub. I don t wan t to see any furnitur in any tone but brownish or greyish. And the decorated box looks too much new-age like to me.
  6. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

Great idea.
    You have my vote too!
  7. Dragkhar

Renaissance Volunteers

Thank you all for the nice words.
    Remember, this is just an idea I had and it can easily change items, however I took the items I found that I thought would fit well into UOR but I know there must be alot more out there I just didnt have time to look for thay may or may not fit better in. One could also think about making the list of item bigger.

I heard somewhere about an idea devs had to inreoduce the furniture dye, might be this way or another or not at all, future will tell.

I would also like to say sorry for the somewhat large and hard to read images I applied, tried to upload my xml spread sheet but wasn't alowed to do so makign this the only sollution available.

Keep the post coming folks :)
  8. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

I approve of this idea!
  9. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Great idea! I'm really liking the banners too. Even though I'm not a fan of weird colored furniture, I like the idea of it being obtainable, just incredibly difficult.
  10. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I'm also for this....except for the box...looks a little to out of era for my personal taste. Otherwise I think this is a great idea!
  11. Kryptonical

Kryptonical Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

take out the box and possibly the furniture dye and then I'm all for this
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, the out of era stuff is questionable. I love the idea but I want to know what will equal the failure/exceptional portion of Blacksmith/Tailoring.
    There is only success/fail in Carpentry. No exceptional quality items, so the system can't be identical.

Is there anything I missed in this thread that would even that out so a carp may make 10 chairs but only 6-7 were of a high enough quality to meet the needs of the bod?
    Or perhaps keep the bods for things that are really difficult to craft, making the failure rate effectively drain the same amount of resources you would if you failed to make exceptional quality on smith or tailor.
    Furniture Dye Tubs I really want to see here, but limited in their hue ranges so as to avoid the nasty bright furnishings of other realms.

Ya dig?

Just thoughts on topic but overall I totally love it.

Cooking BoDs next!!!
  13. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

I would actually like to see any future BOD reward dyetubs be single color only... similar to how the mask dye hues are if it were to knock up the black dyetub and then their offspring had a bastard child with the leather dyetub charge fairy... limited charges, but only 1 random color of xx different colors... I think limiting any BOD reward dyetub to a random single color and a lower max charge per tub (maybe 5 charges max) would make them much much more valuable...

just my 13 cents...
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I would agree with you on value for dye tub rewards if the tailor ones with charges didn't take a crap which would be the same thing for furniture. The value would be determined on rarity not usage because people would make a bunch of carpenters like they did tailors and then the value of these items would drop low, so the issue isn't how many usages it's rarity. Take black dye tubs for example - unlimited usage- sells for more then a 10 charge leather dye tub. I say staff picks 8 colors we all agree on and then we can choose what color we want when we dye the furniture.
  15. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

I would still rather have the ALL dyetubs, from now on, have 2 limitations, the first being limited charges, and the second being a single and random color. (as for how many different available colors, I am not very concerned with, presuming the colors were all different and not 5 different shades of red or blue, or green...)

I think by having the ability to pick/specify the color you want would reduce the price a bunch too. if you were to keep things more random and more limited (charges as well as availability) the value of those items would remain high.

When I said limited, I should have used the single use mask dyes as the example. They are extremely difficult to get, compared to everything else. (I think we were able to get 1 valorite mask dye and 1 verite mask dye, but in the same amount of time we have 4+ black dyetubs, 5+ leather dyetubs, numerous tapestries, hides, rugs, etc... )

I think the reason I keep getting stuck on the dyes is because it is the one item that could probably make a rare item even more rare. (I think... being that it can alter the properties of other items, and I do not think anything else can really do that.)

How easy was it to sell that max dur blessed colored mask?? seems you alted enough of the properties to make it more valuable than almost anyone here could afford... and that's what I am talking about... that kind of cool/rare stuff... that's why I push for dyes and stuff to be random AND limited (again, limited meaning charges and availability)

-fren
  16. abox

abox Active Member

Of course its up to the staff what they think of this. In my opinion, I love it. Any bod system is good as long as its balanced. More importantly though you didnt just offer an idea you put thought behind it and made a detailed suggestion of how it would actually be. Kudos to you wether this happens or not......
  17. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I always wanted a full bookshelf~!!
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't care much about the value of the items but the rarity and it would seem, the thrill of the hunt is what is most enjoyable.

Value will come through the opinions of the masses over time. You know hella people are jelly of that blood red bear mask and not many will be as in love with the special purple when my day comes, but that's the fun of the random too. You can work for your attempt to get it or TRADE with others to find what you want.

The BoD system in itself has generated such a cool trading community here I think that adding to it and keeping that random reward (in this case hue) of x-dye, will keep things interesting and continual for a long time coming.
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Thanks for the detailed Idea Dragkhar.
    There are a few other items you might consider as rewards, in place of the elven items.

• Ladder Deeds
    • Full/Half Full Bookcase
    • Unfinished Furniture
    • Broken/Damaged Furniture
    • Non Standard Table Types
    • Carpet Deeds