Bolas!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Ponne, Nov 25, 2017.

Add bolas!!!!

Poll closed Dec 2, 2017.
  1. HELL YEA

48.4%
  2. No im a bitch and i love running.

51.6%
  1. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Right so. Going out into dungeons and looking for people to kill or fight against 1vs1 you most of the time find stun mages. or a variant of a stunmage. Scribe, healmage, whatever. You rarely see a tankmage running around. Because here the dexxers seems to be quite useless. I ran a dexxer for some time and eventually i myself switched over because of my lagg difference against most people and dexxers being quite Meh for hitting and the damage.

Now Bolas would make more people play dexxers. tank mages. fencer halberd whatever. It would make people not just being able to run away from dexxers. Sure you might think " well that would be unfair against mages...." Well isnt it kinda unfair against a dexxer because the people they fight just run and run and run.

Now i dont know if bolas are "era accurate" but neither are these taming quests. Taming quests might be custom but fuck it call them "custom" bolas too. Whatever floats ur boat.

it would probably increase the different amount of templates used in pvp and possibly add more pvp. I think this would be a fun addition to the pvp aspect of this game.

Wanna be have fun pvping or just run like Iago? MAKE UR VOICE HEARD TODAY!
  2. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Love this idea, as of now dexers are pretty useless and not many people use them to pvp. Also keeps people from running so much. Would also make tinkers more useful and give crafters more stuff to sell to pvpers.
    Ponne likes this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol @ option 2
    Ponne likes this.
  4. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

5. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

I mean if you wanna do that sure. Just in general bringing back the item Bolas to be used!
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

such a bad idea.
    Orange likes this.
  7. Unknown_Hero

Well yeah when you're the type of person who just runs 24/7.
    Ponne likes this.
  8. Unknown_Hero

No, disallow it somehow.
  9. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

You already have stun and paralyze. I get that you are part of a zerg PK guild, and that bola's would help you guys secure easy ganks on people with your tamers. It's still a horrible idea and it will never be implemented here.
    Ranker, BlackEye and bart simpson like this.
  10. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate?
  11. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Ye cause chris dosent give a shit about making changes to help pvp and rewards everyone for sitting afk at their houses. 700+ people alot of times and rarely even see anyone running around.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Cheapsuit, eherruh and BlackEye like this.
  13. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

I completely see what you mean. Could implement so it requires like 80 tactics to throw it properly. Anything below would miss 4/5 times or something like that. Basically making anyone with tactics (dexxers) being able to throw them properly vs stun mages with no tactics. A faction item isnt a bad idea either honestly. You thinking item bought or made with silver? Or bought from other players but only usable if in factions?
    eherruh and One like this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Unknown_Hero

Regarding a way to keep people from running so much would be "the heat of battle". If you are blue and attack someone or are being attacked you cannot gate or recall until you're out of combat for a certain amount of time when you have counts. If you have zero accounts and you're being attacked you can recall but not if you're the one attacking. If you're red you can't recall or gate until out of combat.
    One likes this.
  16. Unknown_Hero

Also this, need to work on more than just helping pvmers and crafters. If tank mages/dexers were more usable I'd be willing to solo pk instead of zerging.
    Ponne likes this.
  17. Unknown_Hero

I like the silver idea and maybe a quest to earn a bola recipe that you need in order to craft bolas, don't make it easy to get them.
    One and Ponne like this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

19. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

No, the way people here would use heat of battle for blues being attacked or bolas would most likely be for gank PKing. The main defence of non-pvp toons vs PK groups is running (yes, like a bitch). These toons arent made for fighting and honestly nobody can survive ganks for a long time anyway. Pretending anybody would switch to 1v1 is bullshit.

You want pvp, then stop PKing or rolling over victims in their house entrances and start spamming the chat for duels or whatever.

Bolas or the idea of being unmounted isnt bad per se though, imo. Bolas only usable by unmounted players or simply high-reward dungeons without mounts and without gate/recall would be great.

EDIT: And improve the fucking ping for the rest of the world that isnt living in Silicon Valley or Texas. Damn it, my ping is 250ms standing, that is the only reason why I dont pvp full time. Afaik, it's similar shitty for every EU player and asians. I compared UOR with most other larger shards out there, and each of them provided me 1/2 to 1/3 of UORs ping.
  20. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

what about a mount free dungeon that you can't recall or gate out of like wind.
    Rextacy, Unknown_Hero, Ponne and 2 others like this.