Bondable Llamas for all!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by corruption, Jun 11, 2014.

1. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Attempting to bond (or even significantly control) a rideable llama with a non-tamer will give you the following lore message for bonding:

[​IMG]

...but to what benefit? Everyone can be transferred, and ride, a llama as it stands. Even if the taming difficulty remained where it currently is, where would be the harm in allowing commands and bonded loyalty, as you can with packhorses and regular horses? Does anyone see a reason that I'm missing, that any character should have to potentially replace a non-combat pet that they are otherwise allowed to use fully?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Urza

Urza Active Member

I would like to bond my crafter's llamas.
  3. Athena

Athena Active Member

Hmm could the game think you need the skill level for a real llama to bond it? Or maybe its missing the no orneriness flag somehow.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Seems worthy of a bug report. I was under the impression that you could bond anything that you could tame, from nuthatches to dragons and everything in between.
  5. corruption

You absolutely can.... but only with applicable skill. You cannot bond a llama on a 0 tame/0 lore character -- but you can transfer to and ride one. You can bond a horse, pack horse, pack llama, and a forest ostard mount-wise with 0/0 tame/lore, but not a llama. I was pointing out that inconsistency.

A tamer w/ sufficient skill can absolutely bond a rideable llama all day long.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Ahhh, word. Still seems like a bug though, no? After digging in a bit, I see a rideable llama's minimum skill to tame is 29.1, same as the desert ostard (and likely forest, even though that's not in my spreadsheet for whatever reason). Weird in any regard but definitely seems like a bug that should be adjusted to suit diversity in mount bonding for all non-tamers.
  7. Athena

Athena Active Member

Definitely sounds like the orneriness flag is bugged for llama bonding then. At least that's what we called it on OSI the animals that needed taming to tame but no skill to control. Can you issue commands to the llama 100% of the time?
  8. corruption

No; you can very seldom issue commands. They tend to be very unresponsive on a 0/0 tame/lore char.
  9. Athena

Athena Active Member

Hmm wonder if that flag is bugged on em then I guess Chris needs to take a peek.
  10. corruption

Could be. I should glance at my RunUO dev instance; might be something glaringly obvious in the code.
  11. corruption

In the RunUO codebase for 2.2, it appears that bonding should work:

Code:
    if ( IsBondable && !IsBonded )
     {
      Mobile master = m_ControlMaster;

if ( master != null && master == from ) //So friends can't start the bonding process
          {
             if ( m_dMinTameSkill <= 29.1 || master.Skills[SkillName.AnimalTaming].Base >= m_dMinTameSkill || OverrideBondingReqs() || (Core.ML && master.Skills[SkillName.AnimalTaming].Value >= m_dMinTameSkill) )
    Unless I'm misreading it, by default, any pet with a skill that is less than or equal to 29.1, will override bonding requirements and set them to the minimums for any pet.

Horses, Forest Ostard, Desert Ostard, and Ridable Llamas all share the same 29.1 taming difficulty -- and should fall under that classification. Unless Chris has altered something manually, I do think that Blaise and Athena are right that this is a bug.
  12. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I think corruption deserves a purple llama mount or statue for finding this bug.
  13. corruption

Just turn all of Mes's ethy's into ostards and I'll be satisfied.
    Mes likes this.
  14. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

What I think corruption is trying to say, is that he wants me to have the purple llama mount or statue
    Blaise likes this.
  15. corruption

No, I'm saying Mes needs to be forced to love the Ostard.
  16. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Ignore what he is saying here people, I assure you what corruption is trying to say is he wants me to have a super rare and awesome purple llama mount or statue.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Just you wait.....you'll probably get your purple llama mount.....but you'll have to change factions again. :p
    [Mobolin] likes this.
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

you jabroni
    corruption likes this.
  19. corruption

I love you, Peter Nincompoop!