Bonding quest!!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Khainite/Phoenix, May 16, 2014.

1. Khainite/Phoenix

Khainite/Phoenix Member

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Grand opportunity for Tamers and Tamerettes of Sosaria.

After weeks of tracking work for the infamous Zookeeper, I finally managed to trap and recover all of the 23 fabulously rare creatures!
    Grab you wallet, pool gold with friends and buy your place for an additional Bonding Slot for 200,000 gold only!
    Think about it : 200,000 gold to skip hours of works.
    A seasoned group of Adventurers will be providing protection to ensure success of the questing party. Chance for rares drops from bosses and chests, platinum drops from bosses too!

No need to say it's a lifetime chance. Please leave a reply with name of your character to reserve your spot.
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    Chris, Mes and Random like this.
  2. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

That should make that Peach person happy that was complaining about this quest's difficulty.
  3. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i wonder if a pugged group won't fail to complete this quest
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Khainite/Phoenix, Random and ReZon like this.
  5. Khainite/Phoenix

Khainite/Phoenix Member

6. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

7. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

this is a good deal considering people are wanting to charge between 20-50k per animal
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Even at 50k per animal would be 1,150,000 to complete a scroll.

Given you have 10 slots from that scroll, selling them at 200k would net you 2,000,000. Apple would be jealous of that profit margin.
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I am not a tamer, never been never will be !

That said, i would pay 200k anytime to avoid all the work and time it involve gathering the animals if i was one.
    Platinums, fun, adventure and rewards ? Good deal !

I will be there to help with quest.
    Done the first event and I know my way in there. Can't wait for the great party!
    Khainite/Phoenix likes this.
  10. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

I don't think people are paying 50k for each and every animal. Just the difficult ones.

Cow, Bull, Boar, Hart, sheep, rat, and all the frost stuff (Dagger Isle Tamables) to me, aren't worth more than 5k each.
    So lets say those are 5k each.. and multiply by 9 and we got 45k

Now, the drake is worth maybe 10k-25k.... maybe being the key word. You can get them safely in Wind in less than an hour.
    Sewer rat 10k... ram 10k... flying monkey 10k...
    Now a little harder are the ossie, scorpian, dark wolf, grizz bear, hypno toad, silverback, jwilson, croc, and rattlesnake. lets put them at 25k (maybe 50k for grizz and darkwolf)

add those up.....
    100k for griz and dark wolf
    45k for those first 9
    175k for the other medium hard ones

now we sitting just over 300k... reasonably.

Albino Wyrm has spawned for me 3 times. First I killed 11 WWs. Second I killed 14. Third I killed 3. So it should be the same price as a normal WW (easier to tame than a WW as well) at 10k - 15k

But... however... the Gold Dragon.
    To me, this is the hard one.
    First you have to farm in a hot spot. So you are competing with other bards/tamers/mages etc.
    Next, because it is a hot spot, you have a semi regular PKer show up.... just to have fun with you on your PvMer.
    And then, the Azure Dragon spawns faster than it, so you either have to stop and kill it or avoid it.
    And then, it takes quite a while to make the thing spawn.
    And then.... once it spawns, you have to tame it while avoiding other spawn, other tamers trying to steal it from you, and PKers out to make you and it die.

My opinion.... 100k at least for the dragon.

So... to me, in my opinion (as someone who has gotten 23/23 only once and scroll 2 and 3 are 15/23) I would say the total value of a full scroll sits under 500k.
    So 200k for a spot... good deal.
    Khainite/Phoenix likes this.
  11. Dalavar

A scroll gives 10 spots, not 1. So if a full scroll is worth 500k, then a spot would be worth 50k.

Put another way... if you could sell 10 slots for 200k each, the full scroll would clearly be worth 2,000,000... not 500k.
  12. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Its a good deal for the person who owns the scroll...
  13. Khainite/Phoenix

Khainite/Phoenix Member

Dalavar, I've been biting my tongue for a little bit but since you clearly do not want to, here goes... 500k would be it if you were to buy all the animals at present market prices. If you could even get someone to sell them to you individually. Last I checked there are generally not a lot of people parting with any of the rarer tames such as Dark wolf, ozzy, and raging grizzly.

When it comes to paying 200k it is a good deal for me and the buyer it is 1,800,000 total for me because I obviously take 1 spot for me. Furthermore 200k per person is if they chose to buy a slot and save time, considering even buying the animals individually would take probably a week maybe more to find all the people willing to sell them maybe longer. 200k for any half way decent tamer can be farmed very easily in less than 4 hrs. It took me and one other looking for these about 8 days 3-4 hours a day looking for these tames. If someone had asked me if I wanted to buy a slot at 200k I would of had a check in hand then and there. Just because a completed scroll is worth 500k with the animals does not mean I am going to sell all other 9 slots for 500k or 450k.

However, if that is how you would like to do the math I will happily buy one spot on your completed scroll for 50k just message me when it is done.

Last but not least, if you do not intend to purchase and merely wish to argue with my pricing when I have 3 other people verifying that I am asking a fair price. Then please take your comments and suggestions to another thread.
    DaTamer likes this.
  14. Khainite/Phoenix

Khainite/Phoenix Member

Dalavar, I've been biting my tongue for a little bit but since you clearly do not want to, here goes... 500k would be it if you were to buy all the animals at present market prices. If you could even get someone to sell them to you individually. Last I checked there are generally not a lot of people parting with any of the rarer tames such as Dark wolf, ozzy, and raging grizzly.

When it comes to paying 200k it is a good deal for me and the buyer it is 1,800,000 total for me because I obviously take 1 spot for me. Furthermore 200k per person is if they chose to buy a slot and save time, considering even buying the animals individually would take probably a week maybe more to find all the people willing to sell them maybe longer. 200k for any half way decent tamer can be farmed very easily in less than 4 hrs. It took me and one other looking for these about 8 days 3-4 hours a day looking for these tames. If someone had asked me if I wanted to buy a slot at 200k I would of had a check in hand then and there. Just because a completed scroll is worth 500k with the animals does not mean I am going to sell all other 9 slots for 500k or 450k.

However, if that is how you would like to do the math I will happily buy one spot on your completed scroll for 50k just message me when it is done.

Last but not least, if you do not intend to purchase and merely wish to argue with my pricing when I have 3 other people verifying that I am asking a fair price. Then please take your comments and suggestions to another thread.
    Miller- and DaTamer like this.
  15. Dalavar

To be clear... in no way have I ever attempted to tell you what to sell your slots for. Not when you posted them for 500k. Not when you revised it to 200k. I specifically PMed you to point you to my thread where I offer 100k, since it didn't look like anyone was jumping up to buy in for your prices. I specifically PMed you to AVOID any kind of distraction in your thread.

When others began professing their calculations of the relative value of your offer, based on faulty (IMO) logic, I stepped in to point out where I felt their math went wrong. End of story.
  16. Khainite/Phoenix

Khainite/Phoenix Member

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even you. However, the fact remains 200k is my price per slot whether anyone agrees or not. I'm not looking for a debate about this simply state yes I would like to buy one or keep looking for someone else to sell you one for the 100k.

[​IMG]
    acburl88 likes this.
  17. Dalavar

In no way did I ever tell you or anyone else what a price should be. Only that they weren't logically following the frameworks they themselves set.

Furthermore, none of my initial posts were directed at you or needed your involvement or response in any way. So if you aren't looking for a debate... then don't try to start a debate :)
  18. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm in for 200k.
  19. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

I'd consider being in for 200k as well depending on time/date of the event.
  20. Choco

Choco Member

As long as I'm available at your time I'm in for 200k. I'm pacific standard time though.