Boss Monster Ideas.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by TheBreadman, Sep 16, 2015.

1. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

I really like the boss monsters, at a interesting mix to thinks.

But, feel they could be even better if mixed up a bit a better balanced for all classes.

My proposal is,

Each time boss monster is ready to spawn, there should be a 50% chance of of two different types.

Type one: Tamer/bard

This type would be same as the current boss. so easily killed by tamer/bard.

Type two: Mage/dexer

This type with a single vet tamer, would be impossible to take down alone. The boss would switch target from the tames multiple times while dealing a lot of damage to the tame. bards would also have a very low failure rate when trying to provoke it (don't know how easy is is for bard to kill current boss, maybe a 3rd type for bards if it is already too hard)

I believe this would add a lot of action when the boss spawns as it wont be as simple as luring the boss off and killing it alone, you might need to get more numbers. which would make things in world lot more active.

Also, another idea to add, is there could be boss only slayer weapons which have high drop rate so are easy to come by but cheap to acquire.
    Maltman and newme like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

think it's a great idea. thanks for posting this thread

:)

Marjo Governess of WispFelt

Westra on irc
    TheBreadman and Maltman like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    TheBreadman likes this.
  4. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

I think there can be some interesting concepts for bosses. For Instance the spider boss in the new level 7's is interesting. As we were testing it the last boss had to shift agro so you wouldn't die. I think bosses that could implement abilities that are rare to use like spirit speak or forensic eval could make for some interesting templates and boss fights.
    TheBreadman likes this.