Boss spawn rates

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by TreeHugger, May 18, 2017.

1. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Making large amounts of gold is fun but it's not the only driver of "Fun" on this server.

These quest boss type things could be so good. But they're not.

You can solo farm liches, bloods, balrons, etc.. even most trammel scroll events.

You need a large group to do champs effectively.

These boss spawns should be built for 2-3 players max. Small social groups who enjoy playing together. Hell, make some of them magery free or pet free zones
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sorry for the mistranslation. I was being facetious when I mentioned wanting all the spawns in the game being made faster. I was trying to point out how absurd it is to try to adjust spawns to each players boredom level.
    MikeK likes this.
  3. TreeHugger

If you actually think this is what it's about you're actually an idiot. One players boredom. Pfffft
  4. El Horno

So you are now saying the issue isn't that you are getting bored killing trolls?
    Dalavar likes this.
  5. TreeHugger

The issue is much more broad than my personal boredom.

There is a real chance to expand the social aspect of this server, which these days, is in the shitter.
  6. El Horno

How would making the low level trolls spawn faster make this social? You mean make it so fast that 1 player can't even keep up and you would need a group to kill them?
  7. TreeHugger

That's one way of doing it.

I brought a buddy of mine out to do this troll boss thing for the first time last night. After all the pre-spawned trolls died he recalled out because as he said "it was like watching paint dry"

So yes, I think more farmable options that require either a really good PvM solo player or a couple of not so hot farmers would be beneficial.

It's pretty easy to get bored of killing the same 6 high end mobs. 6 PK hot spots.

That's why many people recluse into BoDs or fish. Hell I even made a fisher just to do something different.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Gonna step in here and remind ya'll in case you forgot about that one time in UOR when tamer pets had no stat loss on death for weeks and weeks.
    The biggest offenders of that time period are easy to spot.

The scoreboards are corrupt and imo shouldn't be used to prove any positive points during a discussion like this one.

As far as the discussion goes, I'm of the opinion that if you're farming the same thing all day and getting bored it's your bloody fault.

HOWEVER....

Can't disagree here.

I suppose if the goal is to fill a fort with pixel crack (not saying you are... just speaking of the a-typical UO lifer), the 'credibility' of means to get there becomes less and less important the more and more you sit at your computer. Eventually after a few days of grinding it's pretty easy to break and say to yourself, "the fak am I grinding bloods for when I can just passively BoD or w/e? Nobody questions where my treasures come from just as long as I have them."

...and finally, I think that gaining 'income' in Felucca at constant risk should garner the greatest rewards which as many have eventually discovered... it doesn't.
    TreeHugger likes this.
  9. El Horno

I love the idea of group oriented content. I don't think trolls are the appropriate vehicle for that.

Also we HAVE group content (content that possibly doesn't completely bore 2 people simultaneously doing it) but people rarely team up because it lowers the gold per hour almost inevitably when compared to just farming the standard farms solo. This is a social issue and I don't think making trolls spawn faster is going to all of a sudden change that.
  10. TreeHugger

Unlike a lot of players, I do not play for a fortress or 12.

I sold my tower months ago, now I, like el horno, just live out of a small home.

The reason I play is that I like killing things, be it monsters or players. I'd like to have more things to kill than the standard 6 mobs.

Not for the gold. For the fun.
  11. El Horno

If you are not after gold, there are way more then the standard 6 mobs for you to kill.
    Dalavar and One like this.
  12. TreeHugger

Not that are really challenging and fun.

Again, trolls are just my example, however this could be true for all boss spawns as all of them are generally the same.

I hunt with a friend 95% of the time.

The infrastructure is there to increase the areas where people hunt. Why the fuck are you so against it?
  13. TreeHugger

If you don't have 2+ tamers you can't do champ spawns.
    No idea why you're so against it other than you're generally against anything I say.

Which, I appreciate, I really do, but in some cases not needed
  14. El Horno

You went to a troll camp, which I consider to be low level action, and got bored. Not surprising as you are killing trolls. Instead of just recalling to the next troll camp (as keza suggested), or finding more level appropriate monsters to kill, you headed to the forums to lobby for a spawn rate increase. lol.
    Trolls are MEANT to be easy! There is a reason they carry 100 gold, they are easy as hell to kill and as such are new player fodder. Instead of trying to make all the low level spawns harder, why don't you just go to a harder spawn that already is in existence? OR, move you feet! What makes you think the game should be changed so that you can stand in 1 place and kill trolls all day (because that will solve your boredom problem right? haha). You have options, MOVE to another troll spawn.
    Ecstatic and MikeK like this.
  15. TreeHugger

2 pages of this and you're stuck on trolls.

The specific mob is ARBITRARY. The idea that a Boss spawn is BORING and NOT HARD is the point.

Jesus Christ.
  16. TreeHugger

The fact you can solo 3 bosses at once is ridiculous.
  17. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I have to step in and say, there are WAAAAAYYYYY more than 6 spots that can make you rich AND keep you engaged. And if you start considering spawn spots for "lower level" players, then the number increases incredibly.

The fact is, you wanted to hunt one spot, and found one spot boring.

Take that dexxer to fire dungeon and run through the mage towers there. Do the efreets. Those are VERY nice spawn spots that can surely make you money and spawn a boss while keeping you engaged.

Just off the top of my head I'd say you have:

Thera Balrons
    Thera Swamp
    Thera Pit (Dragon, Nightmare and Ophids)
    Ophid Lair
    Fire Efreets
    Fire Mages
    Shame EG's
    Shame Mages
    Shame Bloods
    Hyth Balrons
    Hyth 4 (Deamons)
    CoD
    Ice (Moving between Fiends and WW)
    Ice Ogres
    Despise Titans
    Despise OL
    Titan Valley
    Wrong Excecutioners
    Cove EG's
    Cove Liches
    Cove Dragons
    Deceit LL's
    Deceit Liches (near mushroom and fire eles)
    Yew Liches
    and on
    and on
    and on

Chose the best for your group, and go for it!! If those seem boring, go do Shadow Wyrms. Those are not boring at all...even for a large group!

In short:

GO MAKE YOUR GAME FUN!

Don't expect Admins to make the game fun for you.
    Kalvasflam, MikeK, One and 2 others like this.
  18. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

To address the point I think TreeHugger is going after. I see your issue as one of repetition, in my game play videos (all 30+ episodes) never do I "farm" the same thing or do the same thing more then 2-3 times. This game has so much content to offer that its not necessary to farm a single location endlessly, that would get old for anyone.
    Dr Satan, One and Pirul like this.
  19. TreeHugger

Yea I get it there's lots of spots, you've named barely more than 6 different types of spawn. Just named different spots.

Why are these boss spawns in the game then?
  20. TreeHugger

Why are they called bosses if you can do 3 at once?