Brand New to UO:R?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by _Silas, Apr 29, 2017.

1. _Silas

_Silas New Member

Looking for another brand new player who does not own any houses. I have another home I'd like to gift to a new player as a welcome to UO:R
  2. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Hello if I'm not too late I would really appreciate it, having a small house would be very helpful.
    Unfortunately I don't have anymore the time I used to play UO, but I still recently decided to start again playing after almost 8 years.

Do you think it's possible or allowed to buy gold with real money? Something like 1mil for 10usd?

Thank you
  3. _Silas

_Silas New Member

I don't think it's possible (nor advisable) to buy gold here for real USD, but there are ways to make gold relatively quickly so you should not have too much problem. What is your character's name in game and where do you frequent?
  4. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Hello and thank you for the quick answer.

My charter name is Elrin, I'm still in the young city (Ocllo?). I'm having big issues with money as arrows are very expensive as I would like to be archer. I cannot play often so this makes everything taking more time.
    I tried to collect cotton, but the tailor very rarely buys it.
  5. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

Hi! Do you still have this house? I'm trying to save... just joined a couple days ago!

I just finished macro'ing and am starting to farm, but this would be a great head start so I can make some other chars inside the house.
  6. _Silas

_Silas New Member

I think I can accommodate both of you with houses. I will look for you around Ocllo... or you can PM me and arrange a meeting.
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  7. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Welcome to this shard! Archery is a quite expensive skill to train. I would advise you to start with a melee dexxer (fencer, swordsman, macer) as it hardly cost anything. Once you have obtained some gold you can always finish your archer. A great place to start farming some money would be Dungeon Shame for example (Earth Elementals, but watch out for the scorpions). An even better place would be Dungeon Despise. Killing lizardmen and taking their leather. 10k Spined Leather will sell for about 250 - 300k. Doesn't take too long to farm and you can make quick money. It's certainly better than farming cotton in Occlo (especially as those cotton fields are farmend 24/7).

A possible template could look like:

GM Fencing/Swords/Mac
    GM Anatomy
    GM Tactics
    GM Healing
    GM Music
    GM Provoke
    GM Magery/Hiding etc. (it would be good to train magery at least to 30, for getting around)

I am no expert and also just started playing UO after a 10 year break. But if you have any questions, hit me up in IRC! In fact you should get into IRC asap! People are very friendly and are always answering (stupid) questions (and I did ask a lot of stupid questions ;))

Edit: You would be well advised to train and fnish training your char in Occlo to not loose the young player status. Once you have a decent char, you may venture out.

And if you continue collecting cotton, do not sell the cotton to NPCs. Make cloth out of it and sell it to other players in bulk (for raising tailoring or to make bandies out of them).
    Kilgore Trout likes this.
  8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

I'll second Kalvasflam's advice (though I prefer peace over provoke so you can still take on singles). If you need help training, feel free to give me a shout if I'm in IRC (KilgoreTrout).

This really goes for all new players, I'm always happy to help :)
  9. ilcontegis

ilcontegis New Member

Hello

Thank you for your kind answers.
    I understand the theory, I used to play UO when it was released a long time ago.
    What I am missing now is time, playing a few times a week for 1 or 2 hours is not enough to have multiple pg or grinding money. That's why I was asking if it is allowed to purchase gold for real money.
    You are all very kind I will try to get IRC.

At this moment I am macroing hearding trying to increase my strength if you are around let me know I should be able to pass by the pc if my baby son allows me. I am checking my phone time to time.

I really wish I had more time to spare, I really miss passing 12h non stop playing UO ^_^ with friends!!
  10. Vortex

Vortex Well-Known Member

Don't sell the cotton to NPCs. Just process the cotton into cloth and then sell it to other players. 2gp per yard is standard price, but you might get a better deal as a new player. I would recommend joining #uortrade channel on irc. That should help you sell your cloth quickly.
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member

As far as I know, that's bannable here.
  12. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Thank you Silas for a starting home. This will be super useful!