Bring HONOR back , New PvP Idea

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Ron Jeremy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

Lots of stigma around pvp these days, not going into what guild does what or any of that. With the TG guild coming online I was thinking of a few ways to actually make pvp fun again. There are places for every for every kind of PvP in this game, Factions, PKin, Order Chaos, Duel Pits, all of which have inherit grievers and make people log off and not come out to play. So I am going to suggest that someone that is on all the time and honorable maintain the following.

Basic Setup / Rules:

2 Guilds (Teams) War each other

Each guild will have a list of characters constantly maintained in a thread with each persons Forums name, IRC name, and Main character name next to their character name in each guild.

No looting, if someone loots you wearing the opposing guild tag or your guild tag or they bring in a non guild-ed character to loot you, take a screen shot, they are GONE and flagged as UNHONORABLE on the page and as a non competitor never again to join the ranks of this pvp scheme.

If you are in either of these guilds any time anywhere is fair game except grieving is NOT allowed. Hence no killing afk people in their house that sort of thing. (Do this on your reds or non guild-ed people)

Some sort of System like league of legends has but using the Guild lists for voting NON HONORABLE people off of the stones (Kicked by the GM) if some sort of majority decides they need to go.

No Rez killing, No pet killing No trash talking, only "Good Fight Man"

No pure tamers allowed (if any tamers at all, up for discussion)

(This list can be added to and changed if people wanted to pursue this)

Weeding out the garbage, there will be inevitable trolls join these guilds, take screen shots and post them, we will get rid of NON HONORABLE people.

Any feed back is appreciated, I'd personally love a transparent honorable version of PvP to exist on a player run basis where people could join voice chats and laugh about what a good time they had the other night.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. DiscoD

DiscoD Active Member

Feedback - This is as trammel pvp as you can get.

Why not just PM someone and say: "Hey lets 5v5 no loot ok?".

No one makes 'people log off and not come out to play', just yourself for being too sensitive (PG) / (Rated R - Butthurt, sorry this word might hurt people and will make them not want to log on). Really it is up to the person to realize it is just a game and you don't lose much other than regs and armour.

Judging from your character templates you are trying to create a pvp situation where you can swing your expensive runics and not worry that it will be looted. In factions you can have a blessed weapon for 2 weeks so no need to try getting people to join 2 groups when they probably hate each other already.

Just ignore that SL even existed - All your base are belong to us.

TB bros stop holding CoM bros hands and fight each other. Hopefully this Tom The Immortal will lead a minax group and fight TB and CoM.

Smash some heads!

-Drak
    Punt likes this.
  3. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The best monsters in the game are other people. Its easy to get loot. Stop crying about griefers. They are the best part of a game that takes skills that are intangibles like leadership, strategy, building social structures, and learning to lose. Risk vs. Reward in UO (pre-Trammel Carebearing) is what made this game great and why UO:R is one of the more perfect shards.
    Nomack, Punt and DiscoD like this.
  4. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

Discod & Chadarius can choose to not participate.
    People will not run around with 1M+ Valorite weapons, this is not a tram setup, its a honor setup. There will be lost stuff due to theft and such but should enhance great play. If you still want to PK people, dry loot and kill mounts that's great go ahead and have at it but not in this setup.
    I know I speak for many when I say I do not mind loosing gear but I will not just give it away.
  5. Nomack

Nomack Member

Seems like a lot of rules and guidelines dressed up cute to look like fun. Just make a guild of reds that arent dicks... there are plenty of blues who will fight ya... and trust me if you pvp, pk, faction regularly your not worried about looters lmao.
    Just saying it made me become a better farmer, pvper, all around player by going out and handling situations as they arise. This has always been UO.. you can make 100k in an hour or die three times trying, you can kill 5 blues get a bunch of loot bags and have some fun or die trying. Its pixels bro lighten up
    newme and Mes like this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Organized open world pvp is an oxymoron.
  7. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Seems like he plans on doing this with willing participants only and there would actually be no rules that exisit in game (or mandatory). That being the case, go for it bro. It's not my type of thing but if it doesn't effect me in anyway, i wish you luck finding like minded players to organize your thoughts and pvp with.

Bunch of proud Pricillas in here :)

Ps. You can go ahead and check me down as dishonorable now to save you some time and aggravation in the future.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Beethoven, Alice Asteroid and newme like this.
  8. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I'm not a pvper, so I can't speak about pvp being fun or not. I have played UO for years, since the early, early days. I can not remember a time when most of the things you suggest were in the game. I have heard of some free shards where you can be tagged pvm or pvp.
    The kind of pvp we have here in Renaissance is very close to how I remember pvp being. (minus the audio chat systems.)
    This is why I say no to your suggestions. But i do feel your ideas are interesting.

Thanks for posting this thread, new concepts are always nice to read.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC