Bug Reporting Rewards

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Due to the complexity of developing the extensive patches you see on Renaissance there will always be bugs. This post will serve to show that helping the staff find and address these bugs will always be more rewarding than exploiting them. Below is a listing of a few notable bugs, and the rewards given for reporting them.

Rewards for reporting and not exploiting bugs will always be based on the severity of the bug, and the detail of the report. With most rewards being platinum statues.

Peace - Reported and helped me address a bug allowing a player to obtain unlimited wool.
    Peace.png

Rezon - Reported a bug allowing unlimited gold via a RunUO defect with real estate agents.
    Hue 1109 Applied to a broken chair, and named to indicate it was a reward for bug reporting.
    Rezon.png

Patch 50 Bug Bounty Rewards
    Rewarded to players who participated in the bug bounty post, and assisted the staff on test center finding and verifying fixes for bugs in patch 50.
    • Basoosh
    • Ilban
    • Russell
    • Nadia
    • Ariande
      patch 50.png

Thanks again to all our players who volunteers to help test patch 50.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Wise, Mes, Nadia and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't think I ever got a reward for reporting the being able to bank stolen items while grey thing
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Very cool. Was the sheep bug and the real estate bug found recently, or were those much older bugs found?
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not every bug gets a reward shadow, the method of the report, and how quickly it is reported have bearing as well. Almost all rewards are given to players who report a bug, keep it quiet, and help us fix it.

Crash related bugs, economy affecting problems, and other severe issues that are completely unknown are great candidates. Also when we post a specific request for testing on a certain patch or system rewards are usually given.

Yes, both were found long ago and fixed quickly without any abuse of either mechanic. The reason for the post is to show some appreciation to Peace/Rezon for reporting both bugs given their severity and make it clear their rewards were justified.

Another example I didn't post was Godric reported a bug that allowed you to create marble items with stone ingots. Tater Salad also earned a reward for finding and reporting a break in bug for large keeps using clever teleporting.

This is a rare situation in which the staff will provide an item reward for a player so we wanted to be extremely clear on the reasoning.

In the case of Rezon/Peace they could have exploited the bug for much more profit than the reward, but risked losing their accounts. By reporting it and helping the staff resolve it while keeping it quiet they earned a special reward for services to the server.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff. Rezon should of course get the animated fountain platinum reward, but instead of water it just shoots gold coins into the air and into the pool. IMO.
    ReZon likes this.
  6. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

My name is ReZon and I approve of this message.
    Daffy Duck, boothby and Wise like this.
  7. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

That little tower is already pretty crowded :) maybe just a gold plate the place :)
  8. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

I asked politely for a larger roof or fourth floor add-on, but Telamon just laughed. :(
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I think the community should come together and buy ReZon a bigger yew bank house. I will pitch in the first 100k for the cause!
    ReZon likes this.
  10. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

I don't of if this is a bug.. but there is a world spawning problem in a little pond between Cove and Vesper, land monsters are spawning inside the water.
    [​IMG]