Buying Iron Ingotts

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Knive, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Knive

Knive New Member

buying 10k ingots @ 8 per.
  2. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Puuuh give me a couple of days. You wouldn't want to buy from another untrusted vendor !
    My ingots are the best. Krupp grade panzer steel !
  3. Knive

Knive New Member

sorry, i said scew it and made a miner
  4. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Are there really people who mine 30k ingots ?

If I spend several hours mining I end up with maybe 3k ...
    Same time spent lumberjacking leaves me with 30k logs. They sell at less than half the price for ingots but you the quantity makes up for that.

My best advice is buy them from an NPC Smith.
    Mining only pays off if you need the colored ingots. You'll see people recall from one valorite spot to another just to mine certain colored ore.

I'd love to hear from your mining experiences. If you really manage to mine 30k ingots you have to let me know how. Maybe I'm doing it wrong the whole time :)
  5. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

I sell 10-15k ingots every 2 to 3 days, and have a bulk of a bit under 70k at one of my houses. It is absolutely doable, just a matter of working smarter imo. I'm convinced that the recall method most use doesn't pay out long term; I do not use it myself. I can crank out with my normal methods, approx. 1k iron ingots an hour, along with 50-200 ingots of all various colors, every run, without fail.
  6. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

True, but the demand for lumber is very low. Demand for ingots is very high. I sell both on my vendor - lumber/oak often goes weeks without a sale. Ingots are always gone within hours of posting.

The value of lumber should probably be lower. The patch that increased drop amounts per tree caused oak to plummet to ~33% of its original value, but lumber for whatever reason hasn't budged yet.

What you mean doesn't pay out long term?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2648

That looks pretty good to me. :p
  7. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

I mean that in the scale of my output, what I hear from ppl who run recall miners sounds weak in comparison. I intend to set it up myself at some point, just to compare for arguments sake, but the output I get feels more substantial than what most ppl tell me they get -- nothing more than that.
  8. Knive

Knive New Member

i actualy need about 10k, hit me up.