Buying mass ingots

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Dalavar, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Looking to buy iron ingots. There's 1.7 million of them on the shard. Who's got them all?!

Can afford 70k ingots or so at this point.
  2. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I have ingots available on my vendor.

My vendor is located just east from the NE corner of Yew Bank. It's a small tower and the house sign says "Red Rover". The vendor with the ingots is Sherwood.

Have fun!
  3. Dalavar

Yep, they've been there since Friday, as you told me over IRC, you'd rather pay vendor fees than give me a small bulk discount.

If you'd like to stop paying vendor fees on those ingots, and the next 50k or so you mine, let me know, thanks!
  4. Dalavar

5. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I HAVE offered you a bulk discount. You rejected it.

bulk means (for me) >= 100k ingots

Basically....to me...bulk means I will have to work at and save to get the number of ingots you want/need.

If you will buy 100k ingots, I will knock off 5k (my vendor fee since last friday) from your order.
  6. Dalavar

(a) you have never made that offer to me, but at 7.95/ingot (if I'm reading that right), I'll pass. Appreciate the offer though, and your concrete definition of "bulk".

(b) you will/do pay significantly more than that 5k in trying to sell 100k ingots on your vendor. You're telling me how much you paid for 30k ingots that have sat there for almost a week (and counting, unless you sold them this morning). Obviously fees for 100k ingots would be more than 3x as that. One constant in UO though, I think, is people underestimating how much gold is lost in vendor fees. It is a far better gold sink than even houses collapsing.

If you want to sell 50k ingots without paying another dime in fees, let me know. I'll pay 7.75 per, which comes out to a discount of 12,500gp if my math is right. And I'll commit to another 50k in the next month or so at that rate. And likely another 50k after that.
  7. Dalavar

8. Dalavar

9. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

Red stop wasting ur time with this moron pidgeon. Ill buy 100k Ingots iron pm me
  10. Dalavar

Actually I should close this; got my ingots and am all set for quite some time.
  11. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Yes, I know you got your ingots Dalavar. In 2 days someone spent ~1.4 mill on my ingot vendor. Thank you

And let me guess...it wasn't you that bought them, and you aren't going to tell us who you bought them from...right?
  12. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

lol @ red

yo red any time u wanna sell mass ingots to someone who isnt gonna quibble over .25 gold. Come to mutombo
  13. Dalavar

I had a little under 600k, not 1.4M.

I paid asking, you ended up netting less than I offered to begin with, and now we're all spending time trading jabs on the internet. Lose-lose-lose?