Bye UOR. Houses give away for free

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by KIT, Aug 6, 2017.

1. KIT

KIT Member

UOR is a great shard. I love they keep the tradition and spirit of UO. I love the community. Active players, active forum. Experience players are super helpful.

Unfortunately, my key account was being stolen, and the shard staff did not reply me so far. (both PM and IRC). I have no choice but say good bye to this shard. It is sad.

Before i quit, i wish to give away all i have left in this shard to help those players who need them.

Sandstone Patio
    P1 ---- 1 x in east Minoc --- House was given to Kirby (P'S). He and his guild will help new players with the house.
    P2 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island (Iceland) --- House was given to Kirby (P'S). He and his guild will help new players with the house.
    P3 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island (Iceland, in great mining spot)

Small House
    1 x in east Minoc --- House was given to player: Tuneful
    S1 ---- 1 x in Dagger Island ---- House was given to Sheepdog. (he said he will place a public patio for taming trainers)
    (i actually had a tower on this spot. But the thief who stole my account removed the house and placed his own large brick house here.I am sure the Shole read my other thread,
    i said the GM can trace him down by checking the house owner in this spot. After that, he removed the house from this spot. so i placed a small house here to block the spot. )

I also have some reagents, some ingots, some cloths. Nothing else important...
    Please just leave a message here and say which house you are interested and i will contact you. I wish to help new players and who really need a house.

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

Can I have he one in Minoc?
  3. itslike

itslike Member

Can I have S1 ?
    Mbcx likes this.
  4. Bellamy

Bellamy New Member

That really sucks that nobody helped you and it's come to this. :(

I would love the small house on dagger, because it's right next to my friend's house. But if you unquit within a month I'd be down to give it back to you.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

6. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I find it very hard to believe that no one help you recover your account, unless you couldn't prove that you were the owner. You're telling me that no one would respond to you at all? What means have you tried contacting staff? IRC is the best method. It may take some time as people aren't always at their computers, and staff gets a barrage of PM's daily, but they do answer you back.
    newme and Hawkeye like this.
  7. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

A) how much did you really lose?

B) if your a pvper will supplies to PvP convince you to stay?
    Animal Control likes this.
  8. shad

shad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Please take a breath and relax.
    Try to contact @Treasureman or @Chris
    Please dont quit us, we need player like you! :D
    newme and Hawkeye like this.
  9. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I strongly suggest you sell the houses for slight profits or re-deed. Bank it as you never know when/if you might return.

Good luck.
    Orion GM BD, newme and Alocas like this.
  10. chumbucket

chumbucket Well-Known Member

HOUS PLS
    wylwrk and Deacon like this.
  11. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

It's horrible to hear that your account was hacked... Hopefully Telamon/Treasureman can do something to help, as others have mentioned, they are hugely busy so it might take them a little while to answer your PMs.

If you do decide to leave, I can think of no one more trustworthy than chumbucket to look after your property!
    newme likes this.
  12. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Been playing IRC tag with the user, I will track her down.

However this does look to be a situation where the account name/password were so simply that they were easily guessed (4 character repeating account name).

I've seen this happen once in the past where someone used an account name of "test", with the password of "test"

So for anyone with a short account name pleas make sure to use a complex password. You can change your password using the [register command.

And to be clear accounts on Renaissance cannot be hacked. Account information would have to be obtained from your computer or freely given to someone.
    Orion GM BD, Jakob, newme and 6 others like this.
  13. KIT

KIT Member

I would like to say Thank You to Chris. He replied me and explained the situation to me already while he is busy in dealing with other issues. Thanks for helping me to trace the record, i know this is time consuming.

And others, thanks for your support and please stop complaining the staff. They are good. The staff, the players and the community in this shard is good. I was being silly to set a naive simple password. Anyway, it's past

And please focus on my topic, I am giving away my houses as Chris explained to me the account cannot be recovered, please just call dips if you want any, i will consider and just pick the people which i think they are new players and actually need the house

Thanks
  14. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Ah dude, I actually though this was a joke at first so I mugged you off on the forums.

I am sorry for doing that.

If you want I'll take the s1 in dagger island, I'll place something decent and look after it in case you decide to come back for a year?

If you decide to come back I'll give whatever house is there back to you?
  15. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Hi, feel bad asking for the mining house in this case...
    I'm almost new player who played on this shard a little a few years ago and just
    came back finding my account is truly a noob account so i have to start again.

If you dont mind, i would take that mining house.
  16. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Thank you @KIT, with the help of @ReZon And his GM house placing skills I was able to place a patio, give me a week to set it up and I'll make it a taming training house for people at the dagger isle stage.

If you want access to it I'll post more details in one of the taking guides once it's all set up.

Again, I'm sorry that this happened to you and if you ever decide to come back I will help you out as best I can.

Good luck buddy!
  17. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

Hi @KIT

I remember helping you on your first day here. You were very polite and grateful. Always sad to see someone leave this place, even if you didn't play with them.

If you consider coming back let me know. I'll throw a million gold your way. Just make sure that your account login and password is something only you will ever know this time. ;)
    Orion GM BD and Kiryana like this.
  18. KIT

KIT Member

Thanks Spankrox. You were helpful!
    Thanks. As i said, i love this community, because all the players are really helpful to new players., I want to continue this spirit even i am leaving. That's why i wanna give all my houses to the people who need help!!

Especially new players!!!
    I remember i spent weeks to farm at the sailor camp in Ocllo + mining (selling items to vendors) to make my very first house in Minoc
    Players nowadays only refresh their houses and keeping their houses empty. actually it is hard to find a spot to place a big house even the players have cash.
    House in UO is really important.
    Orion GM BD and Spankrox like this.
  19. KIT

KIT Member

LOL~ Thanks sheepdog

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 20.20.05.png
    Orion GM BD and Sheepdog like this.
  20. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

You should give items to help guilds that host shardwide Resist sessions, Project Sanctuary which helps new players,Paws that holds "caravans" to aide other players in need,Rezon who has houses set up in ocllo for helping new players train uo, and a few more I cannot think of at the moment. Give to those truelly in need not those who already have.