CANCELED!!!!!!!FACTION WARS OF THE YEAR! WE NEED ALL OF YOU TO TAKE PART!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hapa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hapa

Hapa Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I Have heard that theres a new sheriff in town! That foreigner makes us normal citizens look like idiots. But now its time to make end of it and get our town back!

factionsheriff.jpg

Im asking you all to join TRUE BRITANNIANS faction and start collecting silver to get gear up for coming event! Together we can defend that great town of Britannia against those non-wanted players! JOIN in to TB with anykind charasters you feel like. We do need ALL tamers, tailors, smiths, mages, dexers and thieves you can find! So gather up and add your whole guilds in it! Let the word spread so everyone will take part of this. I wanna see atleast 50players defending that town in last defend and success.

factionjoinin.jpg

Mainly idea is getting your defenders ready for that epic battle. SO JOIN UP NOW and start collecting silver. I hope that there will be blessed runic weapons for sale in forums so you can get prepared. Also mages and tamers should get blessed armors. DO NOT FORGET ABOUT WAR HORSES. i want that group look like a real defendarmy!

factionsilver.jpg

factiontailor.jpg

After about one month from now the action starts! We will start a huge faction event which lasts one week. Those nuts minax roamers will keep stealing sigils whole week and not letting us to have towns. We must defend that invasion. Sigils resets every 7 hours so action wont be 24/7. Remember to check time to time that sigils are in our great hall getting corrupted! Otherwise thieves must get them back to us! HUGE FIGHT WEEK ends to huge defend battle and ending ceremony after hopefully succesfully defend.

Point of making all this is to show people that factions are not all about fighting. Its about defending our lovely city by any means. Place traps and guards to help us and make those runic weapons and blessed armors!

Normally people wont loot dead factioners! That is gentlemens rule. Skill loss which lasts 10minutes is the main penalty! Anyways time to time there is some poor people running who needs your weapon so do not carry anything you dont wanna lose with your factioner! Remember those evils can attack you in towns so dont leave factioners idling afk either!

Read that thread and learn about basics about factions! http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-faction-guide.292/

Main event date isnt chosen yet. You can leave your own suggestions in this thread and every changes will be announced here! I hope you all are having fun and will see you in purples.

- Hapa
    Theodin, One, PaddyOBrien and 11 others like this.
  2. Imbol

Imbol Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I cannot stand beside somebody that dresses so poorly. ;)
    O'Malley likes this.
  3. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

I’d be in if you made all the sigils in Brit. Until then, the open world is too big for 30 pvpers
    Mandevu, Ruck and One like this.
  4. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

Why does this post read like you're recruiting for your own faction... but you're Minax?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Ruck and Pax Romain like this.
  5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I commend you for trying. Factions need some significant changes though.
    One likes this.
  6. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

+1
  7. Hapa

Hapa Active Member

After long talk with faction veterans in this server. Seems its not good idea to add mass ppl in one faction. My attention was good and i did not mean any harm to anyone. I hope you all keep joining to ANY faction you wish and lets get that running normally. Defending towns is a matter which we all should take a part. Its a big part of this game and hope you all realise that it is fun thought. Anyways i am sorry for my efforts. Take care.
  8. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

It's not that it's not a good idea to add people to a faction, it's that you recruited them to join a faction you're not in implying you were in that faction and the people in that faction would help them/train them/fight with them.

Why not make a similar post asking them to join your faction? You can train them, help them, and fight with them.
  9. Hapa

Hapa Active Member

Making this event would have put me in 2 factions. I had plans to steal sigils cross so none factions actually gets towns until the end of event. Thought that tb could be the easiest faction of regruiting and defending. It wasnt just about getting that tb overloaded. I wanted to show people what factionz even means and move to faction they feel most after the event.
  10. FreeHugger

This whole thread is stupid.
  11. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

The premise of the idea is good though, actually giving purpose to factions rather than the e-peen waiving it usually devolves to. I think there was moderate success a while back when scheduling Ocllo faction rumbles? It's hard to schedule events at specific times but you could say on a certain day all factioners show up to a spot throughout the day for group fights etc.
  12. FreeHugger

Make factions in Britian only. Collpase the size of the faction world.

Then, you just have to show up to Britain to fight.

Keep the bases in the same spot. Just have the sigils all in one town.
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  14. FreeHugger

I don't why I get suckered into talking about stuff like this. It's never going to happen.

Maybe if we talked about a trammelized "land" where two factions can compete and you never have to lose stuff. You get free regs and blessed weps, etc... just like Abyss but through a trammy moongate.... that's the ONLY way this will ever catch wind. We cant have PvP things that matter here.

The infrastructure is there with the CTF maps, just add a regs,potion,weapons,armour stone to each side and have it open 24/7 and have it auto add you to the teams so it doesn't stack unfairly.
    Theodin likes this.
  15. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    eherruh likes this.
  16. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I really liked where the this was going, but it went straight into a ditch. Like every pvp post every made on here :'(
    Animal Control likes this.
  17. FreeHugger

I think the abyss style war would be easier to implement and have the biggest impact due to it being open 24/7
  18. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Whats this, another faction fail? Implement real town taxation for faction success. #fixfaction @Chris
    One likes this.
  19. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Problem with that is those of us in the rest of the world can find ourselves with a chunk of possibly prime play time lost.

I loved server wars occasionally, but on a worldwide server it is hard to do without negatively impacting a portion of the players, especially if it's for something they're not interested in taking part in.
    One likes this.
  20. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Factions Order vs. Chaos
    Spooner, Skaught, Orange and 3 others like this.