Can't re-size game "window" for some reason?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by snap dragon, Feb 12, 2017.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss here. I don't remember if this was even possible it's been so long since I played.

I have force game in razor to 700x700. My problem is the "window" itself won't re-size. I know you can force game size larger so that the screen shows the "black and white" edges, and if that's the case, then re-sizing the window MUST be possible. I just can't figure out why I can't do it.

If I make the "game screen" a modest 800x800, I can't even read the text I type due to it being off the window.

When I try to drag the window bigger, it won't. It has a limit to how tall/wide it is. This image is the max size I can get.

[​IMG]

Monitor is 4k, running on windows 8.1 if that matters.

Help?
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. snap dragon

I did all of that. Won't work.

Compatibility for XP SP3.
    Razor in program files x86 (on 64 bit system)
    running as admin
    force resolution works in razor, but the game screen (with gold border) is too large to see because the client.exe "window" can't go bigger than in my screenshot. I can't drag it's size.
  4. snap dragon

I found out what was going on. Solution here and maybe I will ask @Chris to add it to this thread.

Client window has limits on how large it can be dragged.

Cause: This is caused by windows limiting the size of the client.exe window to the max size of the primary display on the system. For this to happen, there must be 2+ displays on the system, with the secondary/external being larger in resolution than the primary.

Related Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Solution: Set the largest display on the system to Primary.
    • Right click the desktop and select Screen Resolution.
    • Change the "Display" option to the largest resolution display on the system.
    • Check "Make this my main display"
    • Click Apply

Other Considerations: I use a 1080p monitor as primary, and 2 external 4k monitors for example. All my icons and things go on the primary display's desktop. Setting the larger external monitors to "main display/primary" moves start button and other taskbar items to that display. You can re-add this to the smaller (now secondary) display:

• Right click the taskbar and select "properties" - to open Taskbar and Navigation properties
    • Under the "Taskbar" tab, Multiple Displays section, check "Show taskbar on all displays"
    • Change the "Show taskbar buttons on" drop-down to "All Taskbars"
    • Click Apply
    This will unfortunately not add a clock/date to the primary display.

If you are using a laptop or for some reason connect/disconnect external displays, this will cause your desktop icons to be re-arranged. You can solve this by:

(This works on windows Vista, 7, and 8/8,1, I did not test it on Windows 10+)
    • Go to start and type "regedit"
    • In regedit.exe navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    • Right click and add a new "key", label it "Explorer"
    • Left click to highlight your new key.
    • Right click the panel on the right.
    • Select "Add new DWORD" (64 Bit) (if you are on a 32 bit system, select 32 bit)
    • Label the new DWORD to "NoSaveSettings"
    • Right Click the new DWORD and select "Modify" or "Modify Value"
    • Change the value to (hex) "0"
    • Reboot the computer and re-arrange your icons one last time.
    ReZon likes this.