Can't we all just get along?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Wise, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I notice an escalation of hate on the forums lately and its gone from being funny forum squabbling to full blown hate campaigns.

Given the season of merriment and cheer is upon us, I propose we try to rid ourselves of this negative karma plague.

Of course we can't get everyone on board but we can at least do our individual part in not adding to the problem.

Try to be nice and polite, even to people you may not agree with or like.

If they resort to personal attacks and try instigating, just turn to the other virtual cheek.

It doesn't matter if you believe we came from Adam and Eve or if we evolved from a single celled organism that started multiplying.

The underlying message in both is that we all come from the same place when traced back far enough. Lets try to get along.

Lets make this a fun and informative environment where people come to seek advice and share in their tales of adventure.

Lets make this an place where we can freely express our opinions to help shape the future of the server for the better of everyone!

Do your part, be nice and polite. That is all it takes.

Save the griefing and pranking for IN GAME where it belongs and is far more fun.

This server has been great and has the potential to be truly amazing, lets work together to realize that potential.

Cheers
  2. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Not everyone can get along, especially in games or forums where they're allowed to run amok. Otherwise Trammel and Trammel-ish games wouldn't have been born, would they? But asking people to settle down and enjoy the game and the season never hurts and I'll echo that sentiment. Happy Holidays :)
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Letting water pass under the bridge and letting bigones be bigones, is a way of life for me. I hold no grudges, at least for very long, and there has never been a time where I couldn't stop and say "None of this matters. We're all brothers and sisters here for good or ill. Let's all be happy we have the life to breathe with." Or in these cases, the keyboards to chatter with.

Happy Holidays and Happy Hunting :)
  4. Caly

Caly New Member

NO WAY! Blaise stole my Horse Armor! There is no way i can forgive that. I shall make him suffer!
  5. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

What Wise said
  6. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I can on forums & irc but ingame gotta have rivals ;P
  7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I totally agree that in public irc the trash/hate should not be allowed. If a person really wishes to tell someone else that they can't stand
    their guts, just pm them; don't make the rest of us have to scan through that garbage. Also for someone investigating the the server
    reading that junk on irc makes our world look very bad.
    Thanks for the thread, think it well needed .

Be safe
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Glad you agree, looking forward to dying at the edge of your blade sir :lol: