Census: TB bridge (result: no change)

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Liberation, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

As of this post, I have seen two possibly unintended behaviors of the TB bridge zone stack.

1) It is possible for blue alts or hirelings to block the bridge.

2) It is possible for faction vendors to be placed in a blocking formation on the bridge.

3) It is possible to place explosion traps on the bridge (two-tile coverage).

Fellow factioneers, please inform the community with your opinions on these matters.
  2. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Re: Census: TB bridge

Extend the faction base zone so blues are not allowed within several tiles of the entrance to the bridge. By doing this it will also prevent explosion traps to be placed on the bridge. Yes, technically the bridge isn't part of their base but without a boat it is the only entrance to the base. By having several rows of explosion traps immediately followed by poison traps it becomes quite difficult to enter the base with any player at keys on the bridge. This problem is only made worse by the ability to have guards on the bridge sitting safely behind your explosion traps. As far as vendors go for blocking the path... Would it be out of the question to limit them to being placed in town and off the bridge? I know I will probably get some negative feedback for this post... so if you would like, create a thread of how you would like the CoM base changed for better or worse.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

How is this specific to TB bridge and not just factions in general?
  4. Liberation

It is specific to TB bridge because they are the only faction base where all these things are possible.

http://screencast.com/t/59St3qvH0
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I believe you can block CoM bridge with vendors as well. The steps that lead onto the bridge are the last tile before you're 'in the base' and blues aren't allowed. I can't test this right now, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't place your 4 vendors across those steps to block the bridge.

[​IMG]

I guess my overall point is that the wailing and gnashing of teeth about TB base is just because you guys lost some fights there a couple months ago. Had it been any other faction then this thread would have been titled differently. There are very strong things about every base, although I readily admit that CoM is probably the weakest.

However, I don't see what is preventing you from doing any of the 3 things you listed at CoM base.

These aren't tactics I'd ever use, but, for example: drag your guards into the base with an orange alt. Place your faction vendors in the red box. Place traps anywhere around the vendors.
  6. Liberation

I appreciate your opinions, Mes, however your presumption that I'm still sore about TB are just incorrect.

Additionally, I did not post any opinions concerning what should be done on any of these current mechanics.

Please provide input on what you think, if anything, should be done on these issues. What you think my opinions are is not at issue.
  7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

You made your opinions clear when you started this thread.
  8. Liberation

TB's bridge is a two-way issue. When TB owns Britain, they can place explosion traps on their bridge and vendors over them so you can't just tele over the traps (as tele isn't allowed in faction-base zones). When Minax owns Britain, they can do the same, which is a pretty foul situation for TB.

The same two-way situation exists for CoM's base, but to a lesser extent since it is a four-tile line rather than two-tile.

Your implication that I am intentionally framing this conversation in a way that encourages changes favorable to my faction are false. If you have anything constructive to provide to the conversation then do it. Otherwise, please stop derailing and making this thread personal.
  9. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I see no issues here. CoM base can be blocked off, and can also have explosion traps placed at its front, just like TB. So you either A) need a faction trap remover and B) a refresh pot to just walk right through the 1 line of vendors.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Those vendors placed there made it nice and easy to pot down the guards on the other side who seemingly could not move through them.

As has been said, all the bases have their pros and cons. As long as people can still axe boxes of boxes of candelabras, none of this even matters at all.
  11. Liberation

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3257
  12. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the way this is working currently. With TB I would just suggest putting the sigil room on the first floor and not the 2nd.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Those tables on the first floor are statics so it wouldn't work out. The other point to make is that despite being a nicely defensible base, it's hardly a match for the SL base with it's three single tile choke points, long hallways, multiple doorways and staircases.
  14. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

No base is a match for SL's base. Try defending a base with a couple of choke points followed by big wide open spaces and a couple of turns.
  15. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I think factioners should spend less time on the forums, and more time in game. Then none of this matters. Learn to overcome your obstacles, not bitch about them. Win some/ lose some. Its the nature of the beast (UO). Blaise has taken a spectacular understanding to this concept, which is hard for most trammies to grasp. *claps* :lol: :lol:
  16. napo

napo Well-Known Member

1) Don't care
    2) Don't care

If you're upset about these, a simple solution would be to move the faction zone up to the start of the bridge.

3) It isn't any different than the other bases. They all have chokes you can put traps in.
  17. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Win or Lose there is a shit load more stuff we can do outside factions, keep posting about suck up and play factions when it is a heaping pile of shit isn't going to help much.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

While not totally a heap, it's certainly got a lot of work to be done to attain perfection, or as close as we can muster. The more we talk about it, the better it can be. We're seeing things coming to light that have been pain points in factions since their inception on OSI and for many years beyond. The stratics forums are enough evidence to suggest this is a monumental task to try and balance out but at least we're not constrained by miles of EA red tape.
  19. Liberation

this appears to have no support as an issue of concern. i wish i could lock posts ;p