Champion title help.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cero, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Asking here for a bit of advice and direction from all those that are masters of the Champion system. I currently have the title Opponent of Evil title, I am looking to obtain the title of Hunter of Evil. Here is what I know so far:

I have killed Barracoon numerous(3-4) times
    I have killed Neira 2 times
    I have assisted with Lord Oaks, but was dead while he was killed...not sure if that matters
    I have killed the Harrower 2-3 times?...back when it was cool to run shard wide harrowers

From what I gather, I need to help kill a third Champion not listed above, and I should get the title Hunter. If this is true, does anyone know of a group that is actively killing champs that I can hook up with for a kill? Any help/correction would be great! Provo/Melee character btw
    Kiryana and newme like this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Not to hijack but can anyone also confirm if there is atrophy with champion titles? Mine seem to move back down to previous 'tier' if I am not champing regularly.
  4. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact science behind it, but I have never ever seen it regress back in titles Vandalin.
    As far as titles go:
    Each champ type has its own "set" or titles tier 1,2, and 3. Which are obtained from killing monsters during the tiers, as well as the boss of the same type. These titles generally get taken over, as soon as a person dmg's and receives plat from killing a harrower, which then turns the titles all to "_____" of Evil.
    Harrower tiles:
    Spite of Evil - Attacking a harrower and receiving plat
    Opponent of Evil - Attacking Multiple Harrowers and recieving plat
    Hunter of Evil - Having kills on 4 of 5 champs, plus multiple harrower kills
    Venom of Evil - Having kills on all 5 of 5 champs, plus multiple harrower kills
    Annihilator of Evil - Maybe everything above + time window?
    Champion of Evil - Maybe everything above + faster time window?
    Assailant of Evil
    Purifier of Evil
    Nullifier of Evil
    Stalker of Evil
    Forsaker of Evil

Here on UOR, the highest title ever achieved was Champion of Evil by Vella. There have been a few Venom and Annihilator's of Evil, Descartes and Vella's other chars. Not really sure how the champion, title was achieved, the only assumption I have is because the time window that Vella obtained all the kills was extremely short. Descartes has more kills on all types + harrowers, but never made it to champion.

But the only way to increase down the list is to "get the kill" on each champion type, plus harrowers. "Get the Kill" is to be the highest damager, and means to have that champion kill show up in that characters PVM profile.

That is all the info I have been able to figure out over the years.
    Cero likes this.
  5. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

my title has decayed, like with the virtues
  6. Arnold Lutz

Weird, was it a harrower title that regressed? or a champ only title, because I thought the champ only ones might, just never knew for sure. (Never kept a char with a champ title only)
    But Vella for example has not played in almost a year, if not longer and has the same titles, and I have chars that I have not used in champ situations, still holding harrower titles.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Just for clarification, you have to get the "kill" and not just participate in the killing to get the title?
  8. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

"Spite", "Opponent", "Hunter", "Venom", "Executioner", "Annihilator", "Champion", "Assailant", "Purifier", "Nullifier"

base runuo code states that if you are eligible for looting rights, you would gain a title
    1 kill = 1 upgrade in title
    10 kills to max out your title

probably does not work that way here because they messed with harry code. was killing 4-5 harry a week for a few weeks and never got passed opponent.

if ( ds.m_HasRight && ds.m_Mobile is PlayerMobile )
    PlayerMobile.ChampionTitleInfo.AwardHarrowerTitle( (PlayerMobile)ds.m_Mobile );

I imagine Vella still has the title because he never logged back in and the server never updated the information. All my champion titles are gone.
  9. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@Arnold Lutz I'm not trying to doubt you but I've definitely had my champ title disappear twice. This was the first and second time I ever got a champ title. Shortly after getting them, both times, I was back to grandmaster whatever within a couple days with no activity. I didn't change anything in my options. Maybe a weird coincidence, but who knows.
  10. Arnold Lutz

Ya maybe they do decay. I have a few people that have experienced the same exact way as i have that haven't playing in very long stretches of time, and nothing has changed, and others saying they have decayed. So I don't really know for sure, I'm just purely basing it off my experience of it all over the past few years. My guess is like Erlkonig said, when the champ code was adjusted for platinum and boss difficulty boosts, maybe something changed. It definitely seems like they are not consistent.
  11. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I have information that the rate of extinction of the title depends on the complexity of the champion at which this title is earned! The harder it is the longer the title stays with the bearer and does not fade away! Of course, I can be wrong, and because of my lack of experience in this matter, I can not imagine how real it is alone! One million years ago, we went to the champion in a five!