Character Advice for a T-Hunter

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by GustauveWeakling, Mar 24, 2017.

1. GustauveWeakling

GustauveWeakling New Member

I have a treasure hunter character my skills are as follows Cartography 63.1 , hiding 100, item id 100, lockpicking 94.6, magery 94.7, meditation 100, and resisting spells 33.5 My Stats are 46 STR, 54 DEX, 85 INT. What should my final stats be/why ?

Also do I NEED item id if i get wands? can I stop cartography at 63.1 (been told you can open level 7 maps with this) and if you think I should consider skill changes from what to what and why? Thank you so much

I should mention I have a second account with a provo bard who is my T hunter back up

Lastly to raise my stats when i'm maxed out in skills (when) do I just make fires over and over and over?

Thanks in advance
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Cherie likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Hiya,

You could probably tell but, I was rather hesitant to supply full answers to your questions in IRC yesterday.
    I apologize but, I didn't want to inundate you as you had said you were new to the game. Then this morning
    I thought, "well who am I to determine what they can or can't handle?"

So here you go, my un-immersive suggested setup for your objectives
    This fully assumes you are able to switch between three accounts while playing

2017-03-25 09_08_24-CompatWindow.png

• The Tamer - an all around useful character that most long term players have as most content is balanced around their ability

• treasure hunter - while I initially recommended one character (and still secretly hope you do) this treasure hunter is made as a utility character. While it does have GM magery, it is for the most part on standby to perform minor functions to accomplish the goal... get level seven maps out of the ground (the loot is a minor bonus)
      • you'll begin with detect hidden in place of item identification while training. As @One pointed out, it gives a bonus to lockpicking in your early stages. You can plop item id on another utility character for convenience and have them stay "at home"
      • you could also combine magery/meditation into a recall only combination of points and have item id on them from the beginning

• "backup plan" - this character is on standby and not at the treasure chest
      • I suggest everyone become competent at PvP first before doing anything else here.
      • mine are typically red (murderers) .. more on that later
      • always have at least two (one active and one in training with a different name/character ID) - cycle them out every 30 days
        • when a blue player approaches a treasure chest I use the stealing skill on them - if they don't check out, kill them immediately. Thieves don't give murder counts. After killing them do not interact with them. Thieves live for interaction with other players. Kill them twice by completely ignoring them.
        • if the blue player checks out - I always assume the worst (it pays) they are scouting for pk opportunities
          • I bring in my red and kill them (yep, sorry bout ya)
      • PK group of 3 or more I always eject
      • 2 or so... I still eject my PvMers and return to kill them if I've faced any of them before... it's FUN!
    • skald (I dislike saying provo dexxer... how uncivilized) - you will want this character to complete any level 7 maps you find, it has no magery on purpose.
    This in my opinion is a "good plan" for working treasure maps in mass.

G'luck
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Holden, Cherie and One like this.