Chiefwoah Logging Out

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by TheChiefwoah, Jan 3, 2014.

1. TheChiefwoah

TheChiefwoah New Member

I haven't played for nearly as long or often as most, but I don't like bailing out without bidding farewell!

I came to UO:R because I wanted to relive the experience I had a long time ago. UO was my first MMO I've ever played. Way back in the day, when dial-up was cool, and 56k was like your friend who has a color coded gaming keypad and mouse...and the matching outfit to boot! I wanted a slice of that, and that's what I came across when I joined UO:R.

It really was a great experience. You all may not know this, but I tried my best to help out new players as much as I could. I even had setup housing around my own home just so I could do my best to keep an eye on them whenever I had the chance. I did what I could in order to guide them much in the same way I was. Never too generous, but always helpful enough to point them in (hopefully) the right direction. Offering advice when I could, showing them locations to macro skills, crafting items, and even taking them on hunting adventures when I could! Even amonst all of that, I never really did feel like I got to actually get to know anyone. My schedule was fairly indifferent to say the least, but I was fine with that. I was simply glad to log on, and go kill stuff, make money, gm a crafter, sail the vast sea's, and amongst other things......get pk'd! It's almost like being at home......minus a, eh....well hopefully you get the idea.

I met Atraxi though, great player, and a valuable asset to the community I'd wager. Super informative, very helpful, open-minded eh, and seemingly unwilling to let much drama detract from what is on his mind. Great qualities imo, and I really couldn't have ask'd for better help when I was a super noob or even the latter.

I got to know some other players just by chatting a bit on IRC. It honestly really surprised me...once you get a talking to people, how downright easy it was to get along with some of them. This was a quality I wasn't normally accustomed too in previous MMO's I've played! Although don't get me wrong, there are always stuck up, "too good for you" warriors out there. They'll always be there. They just never seemed to overpowered the chat imo.

The staff was great. Damn. Really good honestly. I've never been apart of a community like this. You all seriously just seem like regular Joe's. No offense there! It's one of my weird compliments... Anytime I had an a problem...it was solved. You all were amazing. Tel, you really got something good here, and when there's trouble......call DW (lol). Sry, I had to do it.

Of coarse I tried to have my fun. I always prefered the noob hue robe. It made my beard ravishing....ly......and i'll stop there xD. I had a couple idea's trickle down the thinker tank from time, and I always tried my best to clearly state what was on my mind (except for the whole toilet thing eh).

If I ever offended anyone I apologize.

If I ever hurt anyone's feelings....grow a deuce!

Goodluck UO:R!

TheChiefwoah
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

adieu,

I ran with you once through the horror fields of Skara Brae, when the blood skeletons roamed the streets.

Was great meeting you and knowing you helped buoy the community!

- Jupiter Greystone
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Any reason in particular you're headed out?

Either way, take care sir!
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Good luck on whatever you do.

I suspect I might have gotten your IDOC. If it was an L-Shape N of Cove, and if for some reason you decide to come back, PM me and I'll give you your stuff back.