Christmas Culli is Back!

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Cullinarn, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Cullinarn

Cullinarn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

We all know that @Chris gets busy this time of year with the events. But did you know that he also works on new spawn with enhanced, player-like AI? I present to you, Christmas Culli:

CHRISTMAS CULLI

ChristmasCulliProfile.jpg

From the Compendium (The Super Secret Compendium that only the most elite players have access to):

Christmas Culli is easily startled. When attacked, he immediately forgets his recall and gate spells. He is a decent runner though, so it is best to bring a party. If Christmas Culli doesn't have a long attention span, so if he has not encountered the person who attacked him in over 30 seconds, he remembers his recall spell, and goes somewhere else... maybe even home if it's past his bedtime, or if his alter ego wants to hunt elves. Christmas Culli's AI is so advanced that you might even believe he is a real player. Not a very good player. Not much of a player at all. But a person anyway. Well, maybe not a person. But it feels almost as if you were, perhaps, playing your pet terrier... if that pet terrier were sick... and had sprained it's mouse paw.

Christmas Culli has the following loot:

1 Holiday Coin (Dungeon) - 1/1 Chance
    1 Holiday Coin (Overworld) - 1/1 Chance
    No Holiday Coin (In Town) - Are you seriously townkilling me when I'm getting suited up for awesomeness?

Come one, come all! Meet and defeat Christmas Culli and get your 1337100tz. I'm perpetually poor, so I can't offer scrolls, but Secret Santa was generous to me with HC this year, so I can afford to do this when I'm not hunting elves. And honestly, when you trim the outliers, the odds are better than elves!

Thanks to @Orange and the Christmas-costumed PK company for inspiring the idea.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

That's awesome dude! Hope Santa got you some nice running boots!
    Cullinarn likes this.
  3. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Does Christmas Culli give murder counts? Then everyone can be red for the season!
    Cullinarn likes this.
  4. Cullinarn

Christmas Culli's default position is to not give murder counts because he's too lazy to check how close to stat people are. If those who hunt him want the counts, they should inform him in game, at the time of his death, or through IRC within ten seconds of his death and before they rez him. ;)
    One likes this.
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

It appears that the compendium is correct: After chasing this ever elusive Christmas Culli through the dragon's lair and along the forests outside of the cave known as Destard, an ever so shiny rich green holiday coin appeared in my bag!

I almost felt guilty, almost.
    Ahirman, Cullinarn and Airin like this.
  6. Cullinarn

Congratulations @Dr Satan! Twice, in fact. That second run was epic. 25 minutes through Arctic Island, PS town, and the Hedge Maze.

Christmas Culli told me to remind you all that, when dressed in his Christmas attire, if he is attacked, he is not being PKd. Rather any attacks on him should be viewed as normal PvM. Also, members of the House are not to aid him. He even composed a poem encouraging them to join the fun! I shall quote it here:

And to the House, Christmas Culli would say: Feel free to join the hunt today!
    Ignore the tag, for though he has the same build, Christmas Culli is not in the guild!
    So don't help me, once I start to fly; it is Christmas Culli's purpose to die!
  7. Dr Satan

Ha!

The second run was awesome!

My timing wasn't the proudest as I had to drink health potions to keep from dropping from my own potions!

@wylwrk needs to refresh my memory on how to blow this elf up on the run. Long ago this wise man once trained me to bomb a pack of silver serpents on the go.

Knocking the rust off chasing this elf!

Good times man :)
    Aragorn - OCT, wylwrk and Cullinarn like this.
  8. Cullinarn

Congratulations to @bart simpson, Arakiel, and Deimos for taking down Christmas Culli! And thanks for always being willing to take the time out for RP-fun amidst your runs.

True to form, bart and co. donated the coin back, so there will be one more run tonight. :)
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Cullinarn likes this.
  10. Cullinarn

Thanks, @One , I do accept donations, but Secret Santa was kind, so I'm not as poor as I usually am, and if you need it for something, please don't worry about me. :)

Thanks, also, to @Dr Satan for donating the ranger leggings as loot for tonight's run. It will take place sometime after 8 PM EST. Details to follow. Look for an announcement in the IRC main 30 minutes prior the the event!
    One and Dr Satan like this.
  11. Sheckels

Sheckels Member

Were you shocked at all when you crossed from Skara to find 3 people waiting for you with lightning wands at the ready? Ha that was more of a gauntlet run than hide and seek. Was a lot more fun than grinding elves, thanks a lot for putting it on! When you dropped I was too busy grabbing boxes like mad to stop and take a screen shot (how many did you have on you??) but when I got home I found this:

Leggings.png

Made my night, thanks man! And thanks to the donor of the leggings!
  12. Dr Satan

Lol, I lost him the first two or three rounds tonight as I was on him quick but I wasn't quick enough.

We laid a !trap for sure, killed that reflect quick lmao.

Was a blast, this was such a simple and fun/hilarious event. Your rhyming and poetry was a 10/10.

Til next time!

Congratulations on the legs!
    Cullinarn and Sheckels like this.
  13. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Wow, absolutely love this idea! I want to get my holiday coin too
  14. Cullinarn

I'll try to do another run tomorrow, merlin8666. Watch the IRC main. :)