Class system proposal to Rol Playing in UO

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Guido, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Guido

Guido New Member

Hello everyone! I am very new in the community, I have been playing UO since few months ago and due to the complexity of the game I would like to share something that I have been planning to organice better, or in someway the character building. I have no experience in medium or end game, and I didn't try more than half of all skills.

But I read almost all the manual of UO renaissance and checked the wiki in the website and I discovered many interested things that pushed me to make a table or chart about possible combinations of skills and stats.

I love rol playing but also like effectivity at the time to achieve goals ingame.

So I would like to share it and see how possible could be to follow those ideas or combinations, where I arrived. For me would be great to correct possibilities before to start a character and discover that was a waste of time.

But, in other way, I believe that this combinations are really funny specially if you see this with glasses of role playing games. And finally I will explain particular things about why decided to combie this in that way.

Here is the idea of the table, the patterns of main combinations between skills succes:

Special ATKs, I found it in the wiki of UO Renaissance:

Wrestling+Anatomy = Stun special attack
    Wrestling+ Arms Lore= Disarm special attack
    Evaluation Inteligente + Anatomy = Passive Wrestling ability (50% to avoid being hit)
    Inscription= Augment 10% Magical Spell Damage

About the STATS i am not 100% sure about if is usefull how I chose, but It seems logical to me. Would be nice some corrections from someone who really knows all the mechanics.

So I tryed to see possible uses to applying those combinations to warriors, or mage archetype.

1st Check File attached called "Patterns"

2nd " more files with the classes "classes 1" "Classes 2"

I think the ones who I really need to explain is:

Saboteur: I tryied to combie the 3 Special Attacks it means Wrestling +anatomy + Ev. Int. + Arms Lore then cause looks difficult to imagine how it could work with other options, I decided to use Poisoning , cause looks good as Damage over time and Fencing and Tactics cause With fasters Attacks you have more % to succes the Special Attacks in short time. Heal with pots
    So when you hit you can disarm your oppponent, Stun them and you have a special passive wrestling skill to avoid attacks + normal wrestling skill. Reasume: Avoid attacks, hits faster, control oppponent stun disarm and posion. Is it viable??

I will continue writing the rest later.

Thank you all

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Interesting way to explore character builds for new players. I rather enjoyed my 2-3 year process of exploring new builds until I finally rounded out my main 12-13 characters.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Guido likes this.
  3. Guido

Guido New Member

Ok! sorry my brain was burnt. I return and arranged it. I cant paste the tables in this sheet, so I uploaded the pictures.

Thank you to answer!! I will look foward to your comments

Best,

Guido.
  4. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Nice, the charts are much more clear. Seems like you already have a good understanding of effective builds. To display stats in additions to skills is also very smart, alot of players get lost in skill tinkering and forget about balancing stats until afterwards.

Not sure about your question for the disarm/stun pvp toon. Others who have had more time in the pvp world might be able to help you.
  5. Guido

Guido New Member

I was thinking o stun and disarm special attacks against monsters primarily.

Other point is that yes... I just put the skills what I more or less understand more. There are many that are not there and I dont know how nice they are. But I chose what I knew that works better.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Earsnot and Guido like this.
  7. Guido

Guido New Member

Awesome explanation, really thank you!!

I think that still I am far to join PvP. But its great to know from now what is working and what people is using.
    One likes this.
  8. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023