Classic Heist

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by The AFK Killer, Feb 25, 2019.

1. The AFK Killer

The AFK Killer New Member

Early last week The AFK Killer met his match.

I had a very active day early on at the pens and took a break for a few hours. When I came back I stepped outside without tracking first(my mistake) and was slaughtered by someone waiting on my porch. They got a chance to go in my house and help themselves to a few things.

I had it coming really.

So a few days go by and I'm on my Main Red Character near the Compassion Desert and I get a ping on my tracking showing that my good friend and arch nemesis is nearby.

I get to his house and he's got a nice Vet macro going. So why not earthquake the horses. I do this and go about my business for an hour or so. I come back later and he's back to it again.

This time I try the door and it's open.

I head up the stairs and stare at him for a minute. My first instinct isn't really about what kind of loot he may have in his house. I'm not really into the whole thieving thing tbh.

So I blast him and his horses and expect him to come back right away and ban me, but this doesn't happen. Normally he's right there to come back at me right after I kill him. Sometimes he even brings massive reinforcements.

When he doesn't show back up on his Nox Dexer I decided to call in a favor and put together a small team to empty this house as soon as possible.

All together we probably got 100 magic weapons 100 magic pieces of armor and roughly 10,000 bandages. Got a good little stack of vanquishing weapons too. It was the most fun that I've had in years on UO.

I guess there's a moral here.

Most people know this, but you can detect hidden in your house with 0 skill. Always do this when you arrive and leave your house. Always double check your locks and have a hot key ready to say "I ban thee".

One more thing to note.

I did leave an apple pie and a book explaining what I had done while he was AFK. I also left a blue character in the house so that I could watch the fun while hidden in the corner.

These are just a few of the reasons why this game will never be replaced and why it's really the best game of all time. There's no specific way that you have to play it, but there are so many ways to have a good time.

yours truly

AFKK
  2. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

Aren't you just a poorer man's version of the Jhelom Ripper? Minus the badass polar bear and douche-stache :p
    Mr. Green likes this.
  3. The AFK Killer

The AFK Killer New Member

Actually,

I had the pleasure of meeting with the Ripper the other day. I told him I was a fan of his work and he offered me a death selfie.

I obliged.