Client crashing

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Chops, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Chops

Chops New Member

I run a flamestrike macro overnight where my mage casts on himself and another character on my second account heals him. Lately I've been waking up in the morning to find that only my mage is disconnected, the healer is fine. I didn't run out of resources on my mage or anything like that, does anyone know what it could be?
  2. Bixby Legbone

Bixby Legbone Well-Known Member

Some nights the ddos attack hits us and usually I will loose connection on all three accounts. Like you, last night I had all three accounts logged in, and one actively macroing (bandages on a ghost). When I got on this morning, I too had lost connection only on the account actively macroing. I hadn't run out of supplies or anything either. Running out of resources should not be the cause.. I've left chars macroing magery over night fine and come back and they are out of regs. I can't really find any information as to why our two active clients have lost connection overnight. I figure it must be due to some sort of hiccup in the links.
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This can sometimes be caused by bad wait timers in the macros. If you have tinkered to much with the wait for target, etc it can cause razor itself to hang/stop communicating and then lose connection to the server.

So be careful when editing those in the macro and it should be fine. Also watch the macro closely for where it stops/loses connection and that might provide a clue as well.
    Bixby Legbone likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Running compatability mode etc in your clients? Do you happen to see a flashing grey?
  5. Bixby Legbone

I do run in compatability mode. I don't happen to see a flashing grey. However, sometimes I will have my 3 clients open and I'm playing one running around in game and my entire monitor screen will flash white for a brief second.. almost like if you watch a flash of lightning in rl, but it happens on my monitor. I have no idea what causes those white flashes, but they don't cause me any specific problems than occasionally happening for reasons unknown.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Interesting... try disabling desktop composition in the compatibility options.
  7. Bixby Legbone

Vlar. I just went to disable desktop composition in the compatability options, and that box mark was already checked.
  8. Chops

Chops New Member

Try running both razor and UO in compatability mode for windows xp sp3. Also, check off run as admin and uncheck "use smart cpu reduction" in the general tab in razor.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Vlar likes this.
  9. Bamilus

Bamilus Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I hate to An Corp such an old thread, but since the move to the West (best) Coast I've been getting disconnected at night. Anyone else having this issue (my buddy is, too)? Is this temporary?

(Should note I'm using same macros as before and comp never goes to sleep)
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016