Client plays the wrong BGMs, help me fix this!

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Iria, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

Hello!
    I recently started playing on this server with a small group of friends but we all encountered a sad bug: background music is always wrong, it plays randomly as if it ran through all the music folder ignoring the current character location.
    For example: if I enter a city it plays the correct BGM one time and then it shuffles through random music from the game (Not Occlo, Occlo is always wrong). The same happens in dungeons.

I've been missing from UO since 2002 so my knowledge about new patches and bugs after Renaissance is limited, I've been trying to fix this for a while and I'm honestly confused. I found many threads about restoring the old MIDI files (or Mp3 files with MIDI recordings) and even one about this very problem but they all refer to a "UO/Music/Digital" folder and a config.txt file. Both the digital folder and config text file are missing from UO:Renaissance client (UOR PC Package from www.uorenaissance.com) so I'm kinda stuck.

If you know anything about this bug and how to fix it please help, music is an important aspect of this game, It would be sad to mute it.
  2. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

I'm going to check how it works on my client and report, never put much attention to it since music is usually muted or really low on volume.

I've heard that emulators had a limitation with locations/music but it was maybe 15 years ago when I used to play on Sphere shard, I think it should be fixed now :) and it is an issue with your installation.
  3. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Just tested, each city has corresponding music in my case. At least I browsed UORenaissance\music folder and each song name plays accordingly to the city I'm in.
  4. Iria

Iria New Member

Thanks for testing it out :)
    We are four people experiencing this problem on different installations, each one on different Windows versions.
    If yours works correctly I really don't know what could cause it.

We all started to play together, maybe the latest client can't play music correctly?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  5. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

I've been paying more attention to BGMs and sometimes it gets stuck with one, ie. dungeon music keeps playing in the city when you recall, not sure how it should work.
  6. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What about toggling your war/peace mode? That seems to reset it for me.