Collector conundrum (collectors please read)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kirby, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I started on this server about a year ago. Shortly thereafter, I got my first bone container. I couldn't believe how cool it was to have a container made of a corpse:eek:, so I started looking for more. I learned that there were 5 of them and set out on a mission to collect them all!
    I watched the forums, jumping on every opportunity to add another piece to my growing menagerie. I kept seeing the same ones popping up (usually #4 or #5). For a while, #2 and #3 escaped my grasp. As of tonight, my quest has concluded. I have now acquired the elusive rarebonecontainer3, the last missing piece of my collection. I have proudly put them all on display on the roof of my tower.

boneconainer.png

This leaves me with a bit of a problem. Getting the last bone container (the one in the middle of the arrangement in the image) gave me a bittersweet feeling. While it was great that I had finally completed my collection, I found myself wondering what to do now. I loved the thrill of the hunt. Scouring the forums every day waiting for someone to post up a bone container for sale was so much fun. When I would find one for sale, I would get excited, then click on the post to discover it's one I already have, which gave me a feeling of disappointment, but of joyful disappointment. It was like "Awwww man! Well, better luck next time!"

I need something else to hunt for. Another collection to shoot for.

Some ideas that I have come up with for myself but have shot down are as follows:

- Monster statuettes (I have a few but will never collect them all...some are unique and my OCD will never allow me to be satisfied with just SOME of them)
    - Anniversary hued sandals (I have 5th anni pank, but, i mean, come on. This is looking at many millions of gold that my playstyle doesn't give me. This will take me years and years.)
    - rocks (too easy)
    - dirty pots (*looks in rares vault* Nevermind...done that already)
    - duplicate bone container collection, but lock them down and "flip" them with the deco tool (maaaaaybe, but let's try to be a little more creative, here!)

Rares collectors GIVE ME SOME IDEAS! I need something else to shoot for! Tag your friends in this post if you think they might be able to give me some ideas. Some rough guidelines I'm looking for are:

- Attainability: I must be able to reasonably collect EVERY SINGLE PIECE or I will not be satisfied.
    - Price: Nothing cheap like rocks, but if every single piece of the collection is in the multimillion range, that's not reasonable.
    - Rare: I want something rare enough that I won't get them all in a few weeks, but not so rare that the only way to get them all is to post threads asking people to fork them over.

Look at bone containers as an idea as to the type of collection I'm hoping to shoot for. They're rare, and only pop up now and then, so I can't get them too fast. There is a finite number of styles available. All are in a reasonable price range (200-400k for the bone containers).

HELP ME, FELLOW COLLECTORS!!!

There are no bad ideas, but here are some of the best that fit within my guidelines:
    - one completely perfect specimen of every single type of weapon (I already have one for each fighting style but this would take that idea and blow it up YUGE) @ham
    - duplicate bone container collection, but lock them down and "flip" them with the deco tool (*sigh*)
    - one of each anni hue choker necklace @One
    - one of each anni hue mug
    - amib/7th level tmap rares @One
    - alchy rares @One
    - complete amib chest hue collection (both with and without trim) @Airin
    - one of each amib (easy...I'm a fisher) + one of each xmas scroll (nice...getting harder) + ONE OF EACH LEVEL 7 TMAP (would be a great collection but looking for more!)
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    ReZon and Kirby like this.
  3. ham

ham Well-Known Member

Perfect weapons? One of each type. must have Surpeme+indestrctable+vanqs, or at least surpreme+vanq.
    Kirby and One like this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member

5. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

My Weapons Vault has one perfect specimen for each fighting style in it. I hadn't considered getting one of every weapon!

This is one I'm considering. I have 3 hues of anniversary choker necklace, and was considering completing that collection, but some of the earlier anniversaries border on the "too expensive" side. Haven't completely shot down that idea, however. That would be a very satisfying collection to complete, if on price alone!!!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    One likes this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Rare food?

Good idea. Hadn't thought of this. This, people, this is the reason behind this thread!
    One likes this.
  7. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

8. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, why not do monster statues based on colour? For example my goal is to get all blue and green statues for now.

You could do a category of monsters too, or a single statue in all hues (colossus? )

I also like the mining sets, 2 amib chests, shovel, hammer and mining gloves in all types of ore. Most should be easy, but if you go for +5 mining gloves in all hues, can take time; and some hammers will be hard as well.
    Kirby and ReZon like this.
  9. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

You could also go for seasonal deco, since you enjoy that as well,and would give your collection a practical use. Get enough items to be able to put up( temporary ?) seasonal deco on top of your tower - Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter. So not just 1 or 2 items, but a lot of them, some cheap , some expensive.
    Maybe get an outfit to match and take screenshots dressed as Santa in the middle of Christmas deco and so on :)
    Kirby likes this.
  10. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

One of each spawning rare will take you a while, and you'll definitely get that feel of being on the hunt. One of each alchemy item is what will give you that sense of accomplishment as well.

I've had similar quests over the years for like projects - one of each BOD mask dye, ringmail mining gloves, anvils, AMIB chests, etc.

For me, it has always been about the hunt as well.
    Kirby likes this.
  11. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Are there mugs of every anniversary hue?
  12. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

BTW as I think of ideas, or like ideas presented to me, I'm adding them to the OP, along with tagging the person who gave me the idea (where applicable)
  13. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member

Use com crystals for connecting each bones. It's bleeping so It will get you good looking :p
    One likes this.
  14. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

OT: That toon needs a pank faction pony! Also, those MUGS you have!
  15. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I can sell you a Golem statue :)

but on a serious note, the statues are great to collect but the collection would be massive, what about cloth hues or something?

or anything you can get your hands on in the same hue?
  16. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

I wish I had your problems. Just sayin'
    Azerothian, Kirby and One like this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

Kirby likes this.
  18. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Azerothian and TrojanCow like this.
  19. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Liberty Bells? There are like.... 4 or 5 diff types?
    Kirby likes this.
  20. Phaero

Phaero Well-Known Member

Yep! That's what my goal is right now.
    Kirby likes this.