CoM Group Concept

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Celestrael, Apr 15, 2018.

Do you think this could be viable/something you'd be interested in?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2018.
  1. Yes, of course! Count me in!

50.0%
  2. Hard pass.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Good idea, but not personally interested.

50.0%
  1. Celestrael

Celestrael Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So riding the wave of interest in factions and the influx of new blood onto the server (and being a firm believer that factions are the ideal way to PvP), I wanted to put out some feelers and see how people would feel about possibly forming a Council of Mages group. I'm pretty fresh to the server myself and am still getting established, but I figured what better time to learn with other people? Particularly like-minded people who have a strong interest in PvP but don't care for the "Red" playstyle.

Just spit balling here but here's the roughhhh charter I had in mind:

Arcanists of Order & Virtue (AOV)

Mission:

To promote organized, non-PK/grief based PvP on the server (which is good for population and morale, on both sides of the playstyle spectrum). Primary objectives once established and active will be faction based, secondary will be hunting PKs and patrolling/guarding popular farming spots (bring order to the chaos!). The latter will probably make up a lot of the off time (when there's no towns to capture).

Rules:

- No rez killing. (unless being grieved)
    - No PKing (unless being grieved)
    - No griefing (see above)
    - Be mature, excessive trash talk/beefing/drama isn't necessary at all to a thriving PvP scene.
    - Grow with the group, support each other, make each other better constructively.

Would love feedback! Again this may not come to anything but figured I'd throw it out there into the universe and see what people think. :)

DISCLAIMER:

I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this. The traffic in the PvP forum isn't the demographic I'm primarily trying to reach!
    Imbol and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

You have my blessing in this great quest!

I'm a PvV-guy, that is, player vs victim thus not a pvper but I think this is beneficial to the server!
    Althorn and Jill Stihl like this.
  3. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

I have yet to try factions but I would like to at some point and learning with some other people seems like a good way.

Also, murdering pvmers on a red is not really my style.
    PaddyOBrien and Celestrael like this.
  4. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

SOF guild has some com guys
  5. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

Oh I'm quite familiar with your shenanigans. ;)

Yeah I mean I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to faction/pvp but are turned off by the nastiness. But if there was a new status quo and less nastiness, I think more people would want to participate and everyone benefits from that.

I'm aware, they pretty much make up CoM right now, but I don't think their values are congruent with those espoused here. :)
  6. Rextacy

Yeah they participate in fights but I rarely ever see them trying to capture/defend sigils. If ya want talk to @Crunk Juice to get better insight regarding their plans. Would be nice for another group to be ready n get out there
  7. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I think it's a worthwhile idea and definitely something the newer players should get around to. Faction pvp is fun and very tactical.

No matter which faction you join, try to sync up with people already in them to join the group before you do. Would suck to run parallel but disconcerted efforts being in the same team
    PaddyOBrien and Rextacy like this.
  8. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

I've had some True Brits reach out to me that have the same values I do, which is likely where I'll end up. Current politics would make creating this particular group very difficult.

Which makes me a little sad because I love CoM. lol but it is what it is. Who knows, the situation could change in the future. :)
  9. Rextacy

Well good luck whatever ya decide. As it stands though right now CoM and SL are lowest number wise atm
  10. merlin8666

Spot on. Whilst TB is appealing because of its "mission", I think you may find it more challenging and rewarding going elsewhere. The current crew at Com are actually cool dudes and really only want faction pvp..
  11. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

I'm really trying not to get into the political aspect of things, but from what I understand the CoM crew doubles as egregious PKs on both their reds and blues. Which isn't compatible at all with my play-style or the "change I want to see in the world" so to speak. At least that's what I've absorbed from IRC and the time I've spent in game. I'm still trying to navigate who's alts belong to who, and who is associated with who. Some people act one way on one character, and another way entirely on another.
  12. merlin8666

Your choice ultimately, just trying to give you some insight to be better informed. Please be under no illusion that everyone runs around with a halo, there are few and far apart of individuals who behave the way you are good with.

Good luck. Hope to see you and new recruits in faction fights soon.
    Celestrael and Rextacy like this.
  13. Rextacy

I believe TB has 2 groups ATM . I don't know for sure how well those 2 groups communicate with each other .

Also. It's hard creating the kind of group you want to make here. I just recently tried doing this same thing. Made a anti pk faction guild but there wasn't much interest. So I ended up switching the anti pk aspect to a faction only guild. Plus there's no hardcore pk groups out there to fight either.

Was a good idea though and I like your intentions
    Celestrael likes this.
  14. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Celestrael you will have a hard time finding people who don't have reds but more power to you

If you change your mind @Celestrael CoM Stains has a place for you!
    IMG_1924.PNG
  15. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

Lol that’s just unfortunate.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  16. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

If it makes any sense, I essentially want to translate Project Sanctuary’s values to a faction guild so people can enjoy PvP with minimal toxicity and make the server a safer/better place for new players. PS is the carrot, now someone needs to bring the Big Stick. Lol

I wanna be the Big Stick. Giggity.
    PaddyOBrien and Rextacy like this.
  17. merlin8666

omg that keep deco makes me wanna join CoM @scuba

Well done on that deco!

@Rextacy aren't anarchy pking enough to unite against :O
    scuba and Celestrael like this.
  18. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

You should take a stroll around ice dungeon CoM stains everywhere
  19. Celestrael

Celestrael Member

Heh anarchy, kp, sof/sol, that one with the -‘s that’s escaping my memory right now. There’s plenty of baddies to cull and most of them run in groups of at least 3-5. The first time I recalled out of Ocllo I got sync dumped by 4 Anarchy reds. Lol good ole neighborly welcome. :p
  20. merlin8666

Welcome to Felucca shard, glad to have you :)

/end my posts. good luck with your ventures!