Come one, come all, to the Weekly Dungeon Crawl!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Blaise, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail all Renaissance players!

Adventure Time is gearing up to host the first Weekly Dungeon Crawl. The intention here is to gather as a party, with guild members and anyone else interested in joining. Each week, that we have the time, a dungeon will be chosen for expedition. We will rally at the entrance and we will tour the entire dungeon. Every room will be visited, every monster will be crushed and looted, every one will be free to loot at will.

Adventure Time Guild Masters or Counsel hosting the events will NOT be looting. We will be there for support and coordination only. This is not about gold, it is about community. The information on which dungeon we will visit each week will be made completely PUBLIC knowledge. This means murderers, thieves and the good citizens of Britannia will all be aware and able to take part in the event. If you choose to participate with a murderer or thief, without being subject to attack, you MUST inform me or whichever A^T member is hosting and coordinating that week.

This week's crawl will start with something simple and alphabetically first. We will brave the dangers of Covetous from the very gate, to the dragon's lair in the very bowels of the dungeon itself.

Starting this Sunday morning at approximately Noon Shard Time (10am PST, 1pm EST). I hope to see you all there for this innaugural event.

Hail Yeah!
  2. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

Awesome, i see no reason why i can't make it
  3. LesClaypool

LesClaypool Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Sounds great I look forward to it
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Sound like tons of fun. Hope I can make it.
    Thanks for sponsoring this.
    One question? "Free to loot" does mean if you die other people can loot you and keep your stuff? Or will there be some sort of honor code going on.
    thanks so much again, great idea
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

I believe what he means is you are free to loot the monsters as A^T will only be there in a shepharding role.If you happen to die you will be ressed and able to loot your body.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Westra milady, I will guard thy posessions with my life, however terrible I may be at such defense!

The monster loot will be for the participants not there as guides and assistance, as Auto mentioned. You can trust that anyone with an A^T or F^T guild tag will be following a basic unspoken code of honor, in protecting our party and ensuring as much as we can all muster.
  8. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

sounds cool... I hope I can make it... but dunno... I will have to watch real life battle UO life... see which one wins...
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Our party was small, but only in numbers. The bravery and comradery here was unquestionable. Upon word from an ally that some murderers were indeed waiting in ambush in Covetous, we changed course for the dungeon Shame. We bested many a fell monster in these narrow confines.
    [​IMG]

The throng stopped to pay our respects to those who seem to have spent their lives to the very end, fighting back these monsters. So the fair can live on in peace within their cities and towns.
    [​IMG]

It would seem the tables of treachery turned against us, by way of some spying from the darker side. One could only surmise word had spread of our triumphs in the first two levels of this foul place. Wo be those who forget that some evils know no bounds.
    [​IMG]

Alas, such magic was at work here, the entire party was completely annihilated within a span of a few seconds. If only we could have fought back, it may have been enjoyable for more than just the the explosion potion automaton on the other side of the gate.
    [​IMG]

Fortunately, the less than respectable murderers prior, left most of our supplies behind. So if there's any honor to be found there, I suppose that would be it. Alas, we switched dungeons again, once we regrouped and reequipped at the Adventure Time Rune Library. We then moved on to the dungeon Wrong, where an old enemy Vagingo met us face to face. We gave chase immediately and he took us for a run!
    [​IMG]

We found ourselves moving in and out of the dungeon entrance to Wrong, chasing him far afield and back. Always on the attack but trying not to get broken up so as to be left unaided by the party.
    [​IMG]

Apu Llyap'a joined him in the attack and shortly after her arrival to the party, the Lady Marjo was slain most mercilessly by these violent killers!
    [​IMG]

We brought the fight back outside where much blood was spilled in the grass on what was originally such a fine day.
    [​IMG]

While I didn't bear witness to the falling of Apu, Vagingo finally met his demise.
    [​IMG]

All told, a great time was had by all, I'm certain. There was some loss but such is the nature of the lands. Thanks to all those who took part on any level, throughout the campaign. Perhaps next time the party will grow and the dangers along with it!

Until then ladies and gentlemen...or not so :)
  10. Aegis

Aegis Member

was really good fun, thanks to all the PKs for providing the adrenaline rush :)

didn't get much loot out of the crawl in the end... but that wasn't really the goal!
  11. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Was sorry couldn't make it for the beginning of the event, but when I joined was battling the
    red players mainly. LOL I only died a couple of times. Thanks for this event, and for all
    who joined in red or blue, everyone made it an interesting and exciting adventure.

:}