Come Race in the ROYAL BRITANNIA SUMMONER SPRINTS (8/31/14) UPDATE: 500k Gold Prizes, 30 Plat!!!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Vlar, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Thanks to a VERY kind donation by: PuntSpeedChunk a purse of 500k and 30 platinum will be divided up between the top 3 teams! AS WELL AS TROPHIES. (breakdown to be decided, watch this space)

Also: We could use as many recordings of the races as possible. In the past one particular race proved SO insanely close it had to be taken to video review.

Royal Britannia Summoner Sprints

It's been too long since we've had one of these! 500k Gold and 30 Platinum PLUS Trophies will be awarded the 1st 2nd and 3rd place two-man teams. (trophy awesomeness dependent on participation)

(Video of past sprints can be seen at the bottom of this post.)
    Brought to you by the Village of Paws and the Citizens of Stormhold
    Sunday, August 31st at 9:00 PM EST
    The Summoner's Sprints will be held this Sunday at the Royal Britannia Race Track located in the fields of the Crimson Plains North-West of Britain.

Two man teams consisting of a summoner and a sprinter will compete to see which team's sprinter will cross the finish line first. So in a nutshell -- one guy runs the other guy tries to help him by clearing a path with dispel field or walling his opponents.

If you don't have a partner before the race there will be plenty of time for you to find someone else that doesn't have a partner. In past races only one or two prepared teams showed up and most were put together just before the race. If you like you can switch spots so one guy can try casting/running as well.

Registration will begin at 8:00 PM EST (one hour before event) and will continue until the the last qualifying race. Summoner's (casters) should bring plenty of blood moss and garlic as your role will be to block the other casters' runners with a summoned stone wall or dispel one for your runner.

[​IMG]
    The Rules:

• Each Summoner's Sprint will consist of as many as 6 competing teams running a 10 lap course.

• Teams will enter the track un-mounted.

• At the beginning of each race sprinters will report to the starting line, west of the glowing runes.

• Summoner's will enter the infield where they will stay for the duration of the race.

• Each team will wait for the official starting wall to drop before running or casting.

• Summoners (casters) will be limited to casting wall of stone, agility or dispel field.

• Sprinters may use refresh potions and or food.

• No footstools or other blocking items will be permitted in any race.

• Multiple qualifying races will be run based on the amount of racers present.

• Participants may compete in multiple qualifying heats with preference given to racers that have yet to qualify.

• Participants may freely change positions (runner, caster) during qualifying heats.

• To qualify participants must place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their respective position.

• During qualifications each sprinter will notify the official with the name of their summoner.

• At the end of qualifications each team must register the names of the qualified sprinter and summoner with the official.

• Depending on the amount of racers we may run two or three semi-final races.

• Placement in the semi-finals will be based on qualifying performance.

• The top teams from each semi-final will advance to the finals.

• All rules are subject to change at the official's whim.

• First place will be awarded a trophy.

• Second place will be awarded a trophy.

• Third place will be awarded and a trophy.

Here are some videos of past races!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE-- RESULTS ARE IN!
    Wow what a race it was! Easily the largest turn-out for one of these and there was also a large crowd of spectators! ALSO: If LesClaypool and his band of asshats could refrain for killing anyone at Bart in future events, that would be great Yeah um k? (sorry bart, but your pile of sadness must have consequences)

1ST 2ND 3RD

LAP 1 BLAISE-ALEXCCCP, GIDEON-ZYLER, MARGE-NARYA
    LAP 2 MARGE-NARYA, DALAVLAR-MES, GIDEON-ZYLER
    LAP 3 MARGE-NARYA, GIDEON-ZYLER, BLAISE-ALEXCCCP
    LAP 4 GIDEON-ZYLER, ARAWN-HANS, BUBBALJ-SOULWAX
    LAP 5 GIDEON-ZYLER, DALAVLAR-MES, ARAWN-HANS
    LAP 6 GIDEON-ZYLER, ARAWN-HANS, BLAISE-ALEXCCCP
    LAP 7 GIDEON-ZYLER, DALAVLAR-MES, ARAWN-HANS
    LAP 8 GIDEON-ZYLER, DALAVLAR-MES, BLAISE-ALEXCCCP
    LAP 9 GIDEON-ZYLER, DALAVLAR-MES, BLAISE-ALEXCCCP

LAP 10
    1ST: GIDEON-ZYLER
    2ND: DALAVLAR-MES
    3RD: BLAISE-ALEXCCCP
    4TH: BUBBALJ-SOULWAX
    5TH: ARAWN-HANS
    6TH: MARGE'SGHOST-NARYA

Your winners of the largest Sunday Sprint, ever! All the above made it to the final sprint, a feat itself! Except for Dalavlar he was lucky and got a bye. :)
    Now to prizes!
    1st Place: 150k and 10 platinum each, plus 1st place statues!

2nd Place 75k and 4 platinum each, plus 2nd place statues.
    3rd Place 25k and 2 platinum each, plus 3rd place statues.

VIDEO OF THE THREE RACES (TWO HEATS, 1 FINAL)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Zyler, dracula, Gideon Jura and 2 others like this.
  2. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie that was pretty fuckin awesome
    Yukon Jack and Jupiter like this.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Awesome to see this back.

Still one of my favorite moments on this shard:

Last lap begins around 5:30. At the final turn of the final lap, Red Shirt is winning, but gets Wall of Stoned. Gray Doublet takes the lead, as Red Shirt escapes the wall and follows right behind him. Then Gray Doublet gets WOS about 3 tiles from the finish. It looks like it's going to be Red Shirt, but no! He gets Walled on the LAST TILE BEFORE THE FINISH LINE. And Gray Cloak passes both of them and beats Gray Doublet by 1 tile.
    Vlar and Jupiter like this.
  4. Dalavar

The y-shaped runes are the finish line. The guy in the cloak wins. Utterly insane finish:

[​IMG]
  5. Dalavar

The photo finish:

[​IMG]
  6. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'll have you know that cloak is Valorite, good sir.

That was lotsa fun, I couldn't believe I won either. I give credit to my well-made sandals and the aerodynamic lift properties of the cloak.
    Vlar likes this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

If anybody sees the RTU guild out and about, we must convince them to participate! I planted the seed, and I think this would be a great bit of fun!

I also expect to see some H*O, TKB, and Stormhold faces there (besides just Vlar of course!)

If possible I will try to attend and host with Vlar so he's not the only one watching.

For a bonus round, IF Jupiter is able to attend, we will have a "Polymorph-a-thon"

If Jupiter is not able to attend, then this portion may or may not occur. The reward will be an enormous feeling of victory over all those who failed to race better than you!

- Players will start at the racetrack runes based on placement in the final rounds
    - Using polymorph scroll, players will start polymorphed at the same time
    - players will need to run into Brit, cross the bridge, circle the West Brit Bank counter clockwise (from south, to east, to north, to west) and then run back to the race track and cross the finish line ON FOOT.

Rules:
    - you MUST keep Polymorph at all times. if it wears off you have to stop and cast again. (set polymorph to a hotkey, or macro prior to event for reduced downtimes). I am not going to count steps, but if you are running excessively without re-casting Polymorph I reserve the right to declare you a cheat and forfeit you and then spam on IRC how terrible of a person you are in your soul.
    - you MUST be Polymorphed at the time of crossing the finishing rune marks or it doesn't count. You must run over the rune. I don't care how you get back into the race track, but you must be running, no recall no gating.
    - This will be dangerous (note, while Polymorphed you are grey to others and therefore attackable). SPECTATORS AND RUNNERS will be asked not to cast targeting damage spells (EB, FS, Explode, Mind Blast) also, do not cast with intent to kill, but otherwise no rules except be creative with your casting. You can heal a favorite runner, and go grey yourself, you can try to chase them, whatever - just be creative without specific targeting to death. Also, those who are not participating cannot be controlled, therefore we have no clue what the folks at the Brit Bank will do.
    - Get to town, circle the bank counter clockwise, and make it back to the race track and cross the runes.
    Gnarl likes this.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I hope to attend but am very iffy since out of town... might be back... me dunno
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Basoosh, Vlar and Jupiter like this.
  10. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Active Member

west of Britain?
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

North-west, one of the many farms in that area.
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Hah! That's the race I was talking about when I said we had to go to video review. hehe That was pretty amazing to watch.
    Gideon Jura and Jupiter like this.
  13. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

It shall be a grand event!

Yeah, we will need a bigger track for this event me thinks.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Gideon Jura and Vlar like this.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Very in, much attend, wow!
    Gideon Jura and Vlar like this.
  15. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  16. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

hypetrck.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Ragnarok, Vlar and Gideon Jura like this.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  18. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of fun

Attached Files:

Gideon Jura likes this.
  19. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Wish I could attend. Looks like a ton of fun!
  20. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

:)) It is! I hope everyone is ready. I'm going to be drafting my fantasy NFL team while I officiate. The Stormhold Emotes. xD