Coming back to UO

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by yancar, Oct 13, 2017.

1. yancar

yancar New Member

1 Year ago on Wednesday I made an account on this server, I worked my way up, bought a log cabin outside of Skara, I was all stocked up on regs and was ready to PVP, then on Dec 8 my son was born. Inevitably I stopped playing UO, so I am back and I am looking forward to getting back into the community and get out there PvPing and meeting everyone but I do have some questions. Where are the PvP hotspots? Is there statloss? What is the best type of PvP to be into on the server? Factions? O/C? PKing? I do keep getting wiped at blood elements on my bard so if anyone wants to share any decent farming locations that would be awesome as well.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

3. yancar

yancar New Member

A bard is what I have for hunting.
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the son.

Where are the PvP hotspots?

Idocs (this is likely where majority of pvp takes place here sadly), Outside and around Ice dungeon, Bucs Den (especially after automated events)

Is there statloss?

Yes but you are rewarded for being online 24/7 so PKs can just macro off 3 short term counts per day, use 3 different PK's and kill "at least" 9 people a day. Sounds like a small number, but also many simply don't give you a murder count anyway. There's basically nobody that goes into statloss here sadly, even among the PKs.

What is the best type of PvP to be into on the server?

Probably "omg so leet 1v1 dueling at the duel pits". You can probably find someone wants to do that at nearly any hour of the day. Some of the other field pvps and pk are more situational, sometimes you cant even find anyone to PK at all for annoying reasons fit for another topic.

Factions?

Basically totally dead. Also bugged so like highest faction point people and voting and stuff is all screwed up by people that are at the top and don't even play on the server anymore.

O/C?

Most pvpers are in one or the other. Doesn't really matter, just a way to get more PVP and less murder counts. There is no "order" and "chaos" people for the most part, it's groups of friends vs groups of friends. So even if you order don't expect an order not to attack you, etc..

PKing?

Eh, it happens. Couple of rare solo PKs show up at odd hours. Around prime time it will just be the 4+ man gank squad syncing with spells and whatnot coming around. Easy enough to escape from being PKed just ask some people how, read the guides, etc.. Recall, Gate, and Running are very powerful - not really any reason a competent player should die to be honest.

I do keep getting wiped at blood elements on my bard so if anyone wants to share any decent farming locations that would be awesome as well.

Arctic Ogre lords hidden away on the T2A side. Terrathan keep (dangerous, but even more dangerous for non bard/pvm PKs). That succubus room in hythloth. The daemons (not balrons) in hythloth. Balron room gets PKs regularly. Destard (has pks, but also hard to get trapped there with all the open space). start that stupid champ out in the middle of nowhere in t2a below delucia. Wrong Executioners. Hedge Maze Daemons and Dread Spider. Hedge maze also has elder gazer spot that is pretty ok.
    One, Merek Tybalt, binlagin and 2 others like this.
  5. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Congrats on your shorty, and welcome back! Only advice I can offer on the blood eles is try a blood drinking instrument, I too get face planted there.
    I prefer the evil mages, decent loot and good fame.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  6. yancar

yancar New Member

Thanks a lot for the input guys very detailed and helpful, I am gonna check those farming spots out after work tonight.
  7. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

Welcome back Yancar!

Hope to meet you in game some time.
  8. Bloodlust

Bloodlust Well-Known Member

Bro, welcome back!

I can remember you had houses near ps town :)