Commodity deeds

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Bigoud, May 10, 2017.

1. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

I am surprised of a few things here:
    - why do they cost 500gp per ? and not 2-12gp like all others shards ?
    - why do they weight 20 stones and not 1 stones like all others shards ?

Thanks for your answers
    Rheanon likes this.
  2. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

Unsure about price but I'm guessing the weight is to stop it from being stolen.
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're right.
    Spankrox likes this.
  4. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

I think that not making them stealable is not Era accurate and debatable.
    But honestly, the price... come on, why 500gp !!! it kills a lot of the merchants market and raise stupidly the price on items traded between players for no reasons.
    Newbies players don't buy them, and dont try them because 500gp is expensive when you start, and they don't have a clue of their utilization. I have experienced this with a few new players already.
  5. A Random Newbie

A Random Newbie New Member

Honestly 500gp isn't ****, New players can easily kill a smaug in the new player dungeon for close to 500gp. Once out of the "new" player phase pretty much everyone can "afford" 500gp without having to even think about it. Bigoud you've made millions already on this server already and I'm honestly suprised youre still trying to penny pinch commodity deeds.
  6. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

New players don't use them, but resource trading/gathering especially for BODs is very very lucrative. Maybe this is a way Telamon is creating a gold sink?
  7. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

I see your points, but i look at regular day to day vendor that we are working on.
    You sell a stack of 5K roots on a vendor, a good portion of the margin is fading in that deed.

@A Random Newbie : I am not greedy or anything like that, just surprised that those deeds costs 45 times what they cost on all other servers i played so far without any obvious reason for it.
  8. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Is that era accurate? And even if so, this is kind of lame.
  9. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

10. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Are commodity deeds themselves era accurate?

I don't think it is lame. There is a reason some things are not able to be stolen. Commodity deed boxes would be a nice item for carpentry BOD rewards or a plat reward, I think.
    Black Tortoise and Rheanon like this.
  11. Bigoud

Bigoud Active Member

super idea for carpentry BOD rewards
    Along with the idea of a mailbox (a chests on stairs where non friends people can drop stuff in but not open / take from it)
    Rheanon and Lyta like this.
  12. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I don't know, are they?

I am no UO expert like many others on this shard, but I haven't heard a single argument yet, why it is better, that some things can't be stolen. To me UO was always about the freedom to do whatever you like. It seems odd that this freedom is somehow (artificially) limited - even when it comes to thieves (and I do not even have a thief). There are so many ways to protect your stuff... there shouldn't be 100 per cent guarantee. If it were for me I would make everything stealable.

Sorry, Bigoud, for OT.
    snap dragon likes this.
  13. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

This is a debate that will never have a resolution because no side is truly empathetic to the struggles of the other. I don't have the answers but there is a fine line between mechanics that add enjoyment with 'danger' and mechanics that provide enjoyment for some at the cost of enjoyment for others. There has to be balance, and this is a small part of it.
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Rheanon likes this.
  14. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

I think more merchants would sell commodities if deed prices were more reasonable. I don't use them because of the price involved. 500 gp to me is pretty steep and counter productive to the market. Think about it. You need 10K boards for whatever project you are working on. You have to come here and try to find someone who is selling boards, then, if you are lucky enough to find a seller, you have to wait in order to set up a meeting for the exchange. Why? Because you can't find boards on vendors. Why? Commodity deed price that's why. Now.. if commodity deed prices were more reasonable... say 100 gps even... sellers would not have too many qualms about putting them on their vendors. You could visit your friendly neighborhood vendor, buy the deeds, go home, work on your project with no hassles and everybody is happy. Please lower the price of commodity deeds. Just my 2 gps on the subject.
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Bigoud likes this.
  15. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I will honestly buy you all every commodity deed you ever need if we do business.

It's 500 gold, that's 11 skeletons.
    That's 2 liches.
    That's 1/3 of an MIB
    That's 200 Mandrake roots.

Get off your wallets for fucks sakes. Increase the price of your sales to cover the 500GP and it'll still get sold.

If someone doesn't buy 10k boards because of a 500GP commodity deed, they probably cant afford the 10k boards.
    Orion GM BD, One and A Random Newbie like this.
  16. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

@TreeHugger , you are right that the gold is no big deal with one or two deeds or if you are selling 10K Valorite ingots. However, the same is not true for a reagent vendor who has to make a profit after buying them from a mage shop at not so great a discount. The collection and transport of reagents is also very work intensive. Ask any Scribe who supplies their own reagents from a Mage Shop. Deeds as they are, are also not very attractive when you are talking about hundreds of deeds over time, which would be the case for anyone dealing exclusively in the raw resource trade. 500 gp a pop can really add up over time. Using deeds at the current price would either eat into profits or the merchant would have to pass the cost along to customers. Neither is good for business. In any event, I am advocating balance for both the seller and the consumer. A lower price for the deeds would do wonders for the economy.
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  17. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Selling 10k boards @ 3gp per

Drop delivery at aforementioned or deed ready @ 10500 total

Thank you,
    Angus Hallnoates
    Spankrox likes this.
  19. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

thats 30500 total
  20. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member

500gp? If your complaining about 500gp you need to either adjust your profit margins on your vendors or you are obviously selling the wrong things. If you need help with making real money let me know.
    One likes this.