Community Meetings.. First topic, lack of field PvP.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by yancar, Oct 16, 2017.

1. yancar

yancar New Member

Hello all,

I can't help but notice how hard it is to find PvP in the field, I had a thought, maybe the UO:R community should have a meeting hosted purely by the staff of the server just to take real time opinions on the subject. I mean it would probably be a bit of a shit show in terms of people talking but you guys would have to put up some stipulations, because in game would be an unreasonable spot to have it, IRC would be a little more organized, maybe discord? Or maybe even have like a live thread that is frozen once the meeting is adjourned. If everything did work out and the meeting did prove successful you could have a meeting once a month or whatever you guys would want. At the end of the day, Ultima Online is an old game and could use a little spice, and I am not talking making the server custom or anything by any means, just ideas to address situations such as the lack of field PvP in the world. What do you guys think?
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    The Watch, Althorn and Rextacy like this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Aside from factions... the state of PvP is mostly up to the player base.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

1. Announce in irc "Hey doods I've got this Arctic Ogre Mage in ice dungeon and I can't beat it because i'm overloaded with gold and platz, please come halp!"
    2. Wait 10 seconds
    3. PvP finds you!
    Vortex, Rheanon, Ghosted and 9 others like this.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Pretty much.

Or say there’s a golden dragon in destard or such.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

What sort of PVP are you looking for?

Because I see theese threads a lot, see the suggestions from active players and it just seems like nobody actually does what any of the active players are suggesting?

If I wanted a fight right now I would do one of these suggestions, or any one of numerous other suggestions I've seen and I'm pretty sure I could get a fight.

So that's why I ask what sort of PVP are you looking for?

At any one time there is always at least a couple of players farming somewhere in a dungeon. Go get em, there's a fight right there bud. Or make a thug thief. Steal shit, wait for someone to test your minerals, there's a fight right there too. Go grey and run into any town/dungeon/place of interest (except Ocllo) - someone's going to probably come at you.

Don't wait for a fight to land in your lap, go get it!

Good luck :)
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  8. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

factions suck until they are returned to their original system i.e. taxes are set by controlling faction.
    binlagin likes this.
  9. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Take away stat loss strongly discourages people from going red because once they die, they can't do shit.
  10. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

I have played here for over a year and have never had a issue with stat loss. Shorts burn off in 8 hours, plus this shard rewards you for staying logged in. I think that would be a win, win.
  11. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Nah, for 8 years i played where i could die and just res without anything happening . IM RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  12. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Up to the player base. Most PvP guilds go through cycles and run their course. PvM is very diverse here, lots to do and can be spontaneous most of the time. Unlike PvP which is fighting the same opponents over and over gets old (wait, just like PvM farming?). Instanced (server scheduled) over world objective type PvP might help or might not. Make a PvP toon! It's another fun aspect of the game provided you keep above any drama (it will envelope you anyways so GL with that). Winters near in the north I think you'll see PvP scene boost in a month or two. Need people like Ervin offering to teach and, maybe that endeavour will produce a new group or two. Don't over game is my advice as well. RL vs gaming time, one has to find the right balance.

PS: stop complaining and go create PvP, dare to farm on a red or grey? Getting ganked isn't fun so get a group of like minded setup to combat it. Be creative.
    Merek Tybalt, Erza Scarlet and One like this.
  13. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Here we go
  14. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

I like your idea but I knew you'd get the responses you got, so I didn't bother to reply. Been there done that. :)
  15. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Same ole song smh... and it still hasn't worked, yet they keep repeating it lol
  16. Cullinarn

Cullinarn Well-Known Member

Oi! You stole my favourite IRC line!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.