*Concussion*

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Wulver, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail my fellow Britannians,

Okay, I know 50 is a ton of mana to lose, and mages would just run away instead fight the odds, but a 25 cap seems very low.

A few of my proposals:

Concussion: 30 cap
    Concussion with GM Lumberjacking: 40 cap

This gives a little more incentive on LJ, I more than likely will not have a LJ but I have heard it was a B-word to raise. "Why give LJ another bonus?" It isn't much of a bonus, it is still 10 points lower than the ORIGINAL concussion.

Or if they will not budge
    Concussion: 25 cap
    Concussion with GM Lumberjacking: 35 cap

Thank you,

The Wulv
  2. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Is a +35% damage bonus to two-handed axes not enough incentive to raise the skill..?
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Like I said, even with the lumberjack bonus it is still lower than OSI implementation of concussion. So you would prefer all 2 hand swords to 35 or 40 cap?
  4. Luminary

Luminary New Member

No, im actually in total agreement with the way it is now. Concussion halving intelligence by / 2 is extremely unbalanced, and I can see the obvious reason why they decided to cap it at -25.

Anyone who played during Renaissance on OSI knows very well that axers were beyond over-powered. Doing 40-50~ damage hits with the addition of -50 intelligence concussion blows is an obvious god-mode.

I'm glad this change was made. Also, I am actually in the process of making an axer dexxer and I have absolutely no problems with this change. Overpowered is overpowered.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Of course you would be , but no one cares. Also A gm poison fencer was OP if anything in renassiance.