Considering resurecting this guild.

Discussion in 'Power of the Night [PwN]' started by Remington, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am a pvmer who really enjoys doing champion spawns. I have met up with a couple of new friends, one of them being Sunshine of the original pwn. A couple of us started doing champions and got a couple of skulls, but with there only being 3 of us we sometimes have trouble moving the spawns, so I got to thinking, maybe this pwn thing deserves another shot? I would like to use this thread to gauge the interest of anyone who might be willing to join, below I will outline my vision for a new pwn:

I would like to build a strong core group of individuals that will be often ready willing and able to run champion spawns. The original pwn was a platinum train that made a lot of people rich, I would like to see that again out of pwn. To do this, we would need dedicated members. I often see people say they want to do champion spawns, but whenever we ask for help (even near the end of spawns) no one shows up. If you wish to join up, please make sure this is something you want to do.

I would also like pwn to run tamer scrolls, traditionally our members would be tamer heavy, and many will need bonding slots. Mask of the wild drops would be given to members on a point based system. Each tamer quest animal you contribute to a scroll will have a specific point value, the 10 highest point value members will get bonding slots from a given scroll, and the highest point value member would be first in line for a mask.

My vision for champion spawns:
    All, even non-pwn members would be welcome at all pwn spawns. There are a few basic rules we would ask all to abide by however. First and foremost, leave any drama and/or grudges at the door. The idea is to make as much plat as we can, there will always be other opportunities to murder people, or get your revenge. This means reds as well. All reds will be welcome to help with the champion spawns, or, park your red alts there. No one should attack reds at pwn spawns unless the reds are hostile. All skulls must be turned in to guild leadership.

ALL PWN HARROWERS WILL BE MADE PUBLIC. YES, THATS RIGHT, I SAID ALL PWN HARROWERS WILL BE MADE 100% PUBLIC.

No reason to be greedy, I would rather see the server logging in and turning up for events and working together toward something then try to make massive amounts of platinum at the harrowers. This also provides incentive for everyone to be honest, and turn in the skulls at all champion spawns, because YOU will benefit as well as everyone else. Of course, anyone who griefed, pk'd, or caused any problems purposely at a harrower would not be welcome in the future.

I think this could be a great thing for the server, but this requires the cooperation of many. Showing up at the end of spawns that you barley helped with is not a very cool thing to do. I understand that not all have the time or ability to work champ spawns from start to finish, so it is sometimes ok to just show up at the end, but we would ask that everyone try and be as fair as possible in this regard, and help out as much as you can moving spawns along. This will of course also require the cooperation of many pks. This thing will not work if the spawns are continuously rolled over and over. Personally I think it would be more beneficial for the pks to be civil, and show up to collect easy plat, and allow us to get skulls for harrowers that we can all enjoy. Having said that, I understand some just love to pk more then they love plat. So I ask, that if you do show up and roll a spawn, please remember we are playing to have fun too, once you have wiped us out, please do not continue to show up over and over and kill us to the point that we have no chance of completing the spawn. After all, again, the harrowers we are working toward will benefit you as well.

It is a lot of work to run a guild, and coordinate these spawns, and harrowers, it is something I wanted to avoid, but we really love doing champion spawns, and this is the only way I can see doing consistent spawns and seeing harrowers ran on a large scale again. So I hope to use this thread to gauge interest in this. If there is not a lot of interest in people joining up, then I will scrap this idea, so please post below if you would be interested in joining the new pwn, or if you would simply be interested in running spawns with us.
  2. Simon Dolling

Simon Dolling New Member

I am really interested in this but i am very new to the shard. I payed 2000 = 2003 on normal servers but never did champs so I will need a little help.
    Remington likes this.
  3. StarHunter

StarHunter Active Member

POWER of the NIGHT!!!! the night time is the right time the night time is the right time
    UO - Cassie and Remington like this.
  4. UO - Cassie

UO - Cassie Member

Count me in.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Didn't @Mandevu already resurrect it?
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sunshine is back and I've seen Stranger's name in IRC, could join the old group back together. Maybe the ol PwN stone (if it's located there?) could be recovered from the counselors hall if someone around is GM on the stone.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Should change the name to Critters.
  8. dennozz

dennozz Member

let me know. im trying to find a pretty solid champ guild who could do spawns and be prepared to kill pks.
  9. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Member

nvm
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017