Consumables business

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by LCH, Jun 26, 2020.

1. LCH

LCH Active Member

i have played in this shard for a while now, but have just started to wonder
    how are regs and potions acquired and priced in player vendors? what are the margins in these businesses?

there are a few sub-questions.

1) there are hundreds of thousands of regs available at player vendors. are they acquired from monsters or floors? or bought from npc?

2) i realized black pearls are priced lower at player vendor than NPC, while its the opposite for sulphur. why?

3) different potions are priced very similarly (arnd 33-35 per potion, except explosion), but their costs are very different in terms of reg cost and chance of success. why is that?
  2. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

1) Reagent bots.
    2) Maybe faction vendors, i heard they sell cheaper
    3) I think is a marketing strategy... some kegs with lower prices and other with higher.
    One likes this.
  3. LCH

LCH Active Member

1) do u mean walking around to collect regs from floor? or keep buying from vendors?
  4. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They use bots to buy up stock from NPC vendors. Regs off the floor couldn't supply those kind of quantities.

The pricing oddity is because being in the mages guild gives a 1gp discount to some regs but not others, so that's partly passed on.
    One likes this.
  5. LCH

LCH Active Member

which vendors do they buy from?
    because that should increase the vendor stocks by a lot, but i don't seem to see any vendors selling more than 20 per reg
  6. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Not sure how it works but I think they largely use faction reg vendors.
  7. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

One you buy a vendor out of an item the number of that item increases when it respawns, think the max a vendor can have is 999 of each
    Erza Scarlet and One like this.
  8. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I am not sure how is to work the timmer... But is like AO said.. Park a char at a mage(close to a bank like in delucia) and let him there spamming buy agent for the reagents you want for a while... soon the vendor stoks goes to 999 then in afew hours you can get a lot of them..

Before i knows about it i was trying to do the same but with a mage shop book... recalling to them every 20-30 minutes... i never got the exact timmer...
    AOٌ likes this.
  9. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

The margin on regs sold by players is roughly 27 percent.

They use recall and buy bots to buy up the reg vendors. Each time you deplete the vendor stock, it increases by double in an hour. Up to 999.

Some peeps use faction vendors cause you can place them outside of a house in some areas, and just buy them up from inside your own house.

If you go to Delucia, and cast reveal in the little mage shop hut to the east of the bank, there is usually somebody hidden there running a buying bot that deposits right into the bank.

Never researched potions but I would assume it's going to be a similiar climate.
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  10. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

The cheaper price comes from being a member of the mage guild. This will lower purchasing costs. Profits on regs is usually between .3gp and .5gp per reg when talking quantities of 1k or more.

As for how they get them, it’s as other have described (camped buyers or automated macro). If you want a macro with instructions etc just look at below:

http://uorforum.com/threads/prb-v2-0-fully-automated-reagent-buying-macro-system-for-uor.30591/

With my macro I could buy around 2-4 million gp worth of regs in a day totally unattended. Selling that many takes time and the margins are small, but there’s money in it if you’re patient and make potions/scrolls/spell books as well.
  11. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Pateks macro setup is really good, otherwise faction vendors are the way to go for me.

I used to sell regs and potions a lot on vendors, and if you have a decent location there will be profit.

Other things will earn you more profit though. I'd say this is a game play style for people that enjoy the trading/vendor game and have little playtime.
  12. LCH

LCH Active Member

thanks everyone for ur input
    how do i join the mage guild? does that mean council of mages?

@Patek
    that is a sick macro
    thanks

@Erza Scarlet
    I'm trying different aspects of the game
    feel like there are so many things i haven't tried yet
    also my play time is quite limited
    may as well do something more casual like writing macros and organizing items
  13. Patek

Patek Active Member

if you go to any of the mage shops there will be an NPC who’s title is ‘guild master’ or something close. You ask them to join (I think it’s “I wish to join” or “I wish to join the guild”, can’t remember exactly). You pay them a few hundred gp and get cheap regs for life. You can still join player guilds etc, it’s more like a vendor alignment thing.

Cheers

Patek
  14. LCH

LCH Active Member

thanks Patek
    didnt know it's that easy
    thought i would need to go through some crazy shits like joining a fraternity
    eg. eat a thousand sulphur ash, or stick a burning mandrake root up my butt;)
  15. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Normal reg prices are 4 & 5 GP per. When you're in the mages guild you get them for 3 & 4.

So buyers will buy up large quantities for "convenience" and typically charge .75 over the pricing they receive it.

So 3.75 per, and 4.75 per. This eliminates the need of a player having to leave a guild they might be in to join mages and saves a fraction of GP from MSRP.

Recall Buyers are great, I normally stick to DEL purchasing which is annoying for del shoppers, but not as annoying to the players as recall mining. you can usually always grab 1k increments off vendors in occlo.