Cooking/Camping Just My opinon

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by mafghine, Sep 23, 2015.

1. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

Cooking and camping should be available to all chars and not count against the skill cap. Camping for the hurry and log out cause my wife said to. Cooking for the small health regen buff, which I also do because my wife said to.

There is no harm or advantage to this, but greatly enhances RP. You could also toss in Taste ID, cause we all naturally learn what tastes like shit to us. (sauerkraut)

Begging would be another. These skills are only used by Rpers and the extrinsic. I dont think allowing these skills to be gm and not count against the skill cap would hurt or help anyone outside of RP. (Which this server has more than a few)

Just my opinon.
    Vlar and newme like this.
  2. Plankton

Plankton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can't players already cook and camp without any real skill. Don't you just have to wait for a successful try?

Begging should definitely require points. Even though meager, the gold amounts earned are real.
    newme likes this.
  3. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I was typing the same as @Plankton

A finished char already has 30-40 shown skill in camping purely because of the stats (Camping is affected by/gives gains to STR/DEX/INT in 20/15/15.)
    newme likes this.
  4. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

All true.
  5. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Unless you are a role player who wants to "mark" their cakes, etc. there is no need to gm cooking.
    Just cook up 500 fish steaks at once, pass them around to your other characters, or buy something like chicken legs or bread from npc.

Camping is a very good way to raise all stats, but once gained these, simply turn the arrow down on camping. Yes, without high skill, you will need to make several attempts to light your camp fire. But even zero skill you can camp.

At one point in OSI, players could gm camping, either be chased by pkers or your victim, light your camp fire toss out bedroll and instant camp. Here, that doesn't work as well. If you are in agro, can't log out.

fun threat. Thanks for posting it.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on irc