Cooking

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cherie, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

tried to cook and its not working.
    double click food,tried to find a frying pan(thought that might work) used stove,fire,and forge.....so is this a bug :?:
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

You need to use a cooking tool (skillet, etc) in order to use the cooking skill. It is activated by tools, much like other crafting skills (blacksmith, tailoring, etc). Using a proper cooking tool will prompt you the gump for cooking options, which will allow you to cook raw food.
  3. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

I was asked to put list of item you should be able to cook.Directly out of the original UO book. To see if any of these things can be worked on.

use------------------on------------to get-----------cook to make
    Flour(sack) water Dough Bread
    Dough Honey Sweet Dough Muffins
    Swt. dough Honey Cookie mix Pan of Cookies
    Dough Meat Meat Pie Pie
    Dough Fruit Fruit Pie Pie
    Swt. Dough Fruit Cake mix Cake
    Dough Vegs. Veg. Pie Pie

And of course the usual items to cook is the meat(ribs,fish steaks,bird meat)
    You should also be able to pick fruit from trees and from the fields. :)
  4. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Cherie,

The Renaissance expansion introduced a whole slew of changes to the crafting process. For Cooking, you need to have a skillet (note: there may be other cooking utensils that work, like tongs and smith hammer work the same for blacksmithing, but I am only a cook as far as making fish steaks) and a fire source (stove, forge, campfire, and heating stand, all work).

You dbl click the cooking utensil, not the ingredient, and will then get a menu with all the cooking options that are available. Once you click the the item you wish to create, the system checks to see if you have the appropriate skill, ingredients, and heat source. If using a heating stand, make sure it is turned on. I always set it on the ground myself, but it might work inside your backpack, but I'm not sure.

Bon Appétit
  5. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

7. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

thats what i thought ...
    lets get this added Please!
  8. DingoTM

DingoTM New Member

I'd just like to point out that Cherie was asking the same question that I am; where do I find the cooking utensils?

I am guessing that when Cherie says "Tried to find a frying pan", it means she was unable to find the utensils required for cooking. I personally have been to three cities so far and cannot find a cooking utensil. Went to the baker, innkeeper, provision-er, tinkerer, farmer, nobody seems to have one :( Anybody know?

~D

EDIT: Looks like, according to another thread, that I need to find a cook. Where do I find a cook?
  9. pdodd

pdodd New Member

There is a bakery behind the healer in brit. Also, the tavern to the south of the west brit bank has a cook npc that will sell you what you need!
  10. DingoTM

DingoTM New Member

Booya! Thanks for the directions!
  11. pdodd

pdodd New Member

Np! I invite you to take a look at the Cooking Relevency Brainstorming Session post. Lots of "History Perfected" - themed good stuff going on there ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1754