Corurpt Sigs need to be fix.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

When a faction steals a sig and it is corrupt they have to take it to town. However when a sig is corrupted the timer can still be reset if it is not placed back at the town before the other faction takes it back to reset the timer. As it is right now, you can steal the sigs & go sleep and they corrupt but even if another faction steals them from the base and holds on to them at our base for hours like we did the faction can still grab them from our posts and take them to town them to town even if the sigs get reset which its not resetting the sigs like it should after they been corrupted.

So in essence the sig is supposed to be reset even if it is corrupted if the faction who corrupted them didn't take the sigs to the town, it's suppose to give the other faction one last chance to get sigs. Very vital for sigs.
  2. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Yeah I reset the timers this morning and they shouldnt have been able to be placed back until at least 4 PM est.
    Def something wrong with the timers.
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

we reset them after u did this morning but it said tb had corrupted some of them so even having them at our base for a few hours persus just stole em and placed em at town.
  4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

DV are you saying that the corruption process is not following the stated guidelines in the guide or not following era correct guidelines? Just a question for clarification on your thread.

UOR Guide shows:

Once the sigil is corrupted, it needs to be returned to the town pedestal. The faction members have one hour to return the sigil to the town pedestal. If the corrupted sigil is not returned in an hour, it moves back to the faction tile where it last corrupted. While corrupted, opposing factions are able to steal the sigil. If the sigil is stolen, the opposing faction members can take the sigil to their base to restart the corruption process for their faction.

From my interpretation of this, if TB corrupts the sigil we have one hour to place it in town once it is removed from our base or it returns to our bases pedastal. If you take it to SL's base (your faction right?), then SL starts the corruption process. But I don't see that it negates TB's status of having corrupted the sigil, so I believe we can still grab it and place it.

This is for conversation and clarification. This is not an argument post ;)
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I will have to check with Ezekiel on the correct functions. However this was reported to me this morning so I scheduled time to run some tests to see if the sigil corruption process is working as expected.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, i figured after 30 minutes it would reset and remove TBs corruption.
  7. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Agreed,but also its supposed to be 7 hours for corruption time,if you guys took them from TB this morning after I reset them,the very earliest you could have placed them would have been about 4:30 PM est.
    you guys placed them a lot faster than that.
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think we had them at 0630 est.. not sure when you reset them. We did have to retrieve them around 0900 est, but they werent held long enough to reset our timer. i went to bed right after.
  9. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

We took the sig and had it placed at our base for a few hours when it was corrupted, so if it only takes 1 hour to negate the corruption then we surpassed it 3 times. They have 1 hour to place it and if they don't it's suppose to go back to the the faction that corrupted it and then if an opposing faction steals it should reset the corruption status and start corrupting at our base other wise we have guard it for 7 hours and all the other faction has to do is steal it once and take it to town with no chance of us stealing it back. Hence the reason you get one hour to take it to town, As of right now its just going back to the faction base but not letting us reset the corruption.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

After further looking into this it is working the way it is suppose to, when factions corrupt a signal you have to hold it at your base for 7 hours to un corrupt it and corrupt it. So , my bad it's working the way it's supposed to.
  11. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Good info on how long it takes to uncorrupt a sigil.

Thnx
  12. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Yeah it will stay corrupted by whoever did, until the other faction corrupts it , ie. 7 hours. So you can have it in your base for 6 hours and 50 minutes, and the thief from the already corrupted faciton can steal and put in town stone and gain control.

The one hour time refers to the time you can actually hold the sigil on a person, before it shoots back to the base stone, thus stopping people from taking it and hiding in their house for 3 days.