Craftable Runic Bows?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Tobias the Brigand, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Arr!! I be interested in the opinion(s) from the staff and those who PvP and participate in factions. Would it be at all possible to have Runic Bowcraft/Fletching tools available in the future some day? I would be interested in joining factions and playing with a blessed Runic Bow! Arr what fun!

Wondering what people see as the challenges to be faced if this were to happen.

And of course, if this is just out of the question then Arr!!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Alchemist, Pharoah, RavenMagi and 3 others like this.
  2. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

3. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Well-Known Member

Thanks matey, I did see these. Unfortunately at 100 and 300k, these bows a bad investment for everyday use. I be hoping for some variation, and ability to use runics such as gold as well.
    Pharoah likes this.
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Is something that could make archery even more interesting... is really hard to fight someone with that cupids bow... if there are variants of that that could be worth to bring to the battle field.. for sure archery could rise from the shadows.
    Alchemist and RavenMagi like this.
  5. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Combine Fletching/Bowcraft with Carpentry and make Carpentry BoDs with Bow rewards, or the ability to craft bows with runic tools and oak... or other specialty woods via wood elementals or something.
  6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Anything is possible.... Nothing is guaranteed... EVERYTHING depends on your patience
    Pharoah and Erza Scarlet like this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  8. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Oak quarterstaff's with equivalent of gold or aggy would really be a plus :) Not to mention in the color of Oak would even be more awesome *dye-able with furniture dyes would even be more superb than all the above! UO:R gods what are the chances?:D
    Alchemist likes this.
  9. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

I think this is a great idea. As a relatively new player here I really wanted to create some sort of archer, but after hearing/seeing how lackluster it is, it just became low priority. After looking at the costs involved, I just can't be bothered. Being ineffective is one thing, but being ineffective and expensive is just silly.

I understand that swing timers, accuracy and dps of weapon skills is a fine balance and requires careful attention (archer turrets are no joke). But, this along with repairable bows and lowered arrow/bolt cost would go a long way to helping an underutilized skill gain popularity. With more people using it, we can learn about more about its use and create better strategies in the long run. This goes for both players using it and staff trying to balance it.
    Ghosted likes this.