crafter template…Input please

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by David Scraggs, Jan 23, 2015.

1. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Right now I have a GM alchemist who I am also going to build up poisoning on and maybe cooking. I also have a LJ Warrior and going to build a macer/ recall miner

Here is what I am thinking for a template….

GM Smith
    GM Carpentry
    GM Tailoring
    GM TInkering (not sure of any use for this except making shovels and trapping)
    45 Music
    55 Arms Lore
    GM Magery (not sure for what just getting around
    GM Fletching (I can't really justify this, Just thought it would be cool to have)

Any reason from this that this isn't good or what could make it better and why?
  2. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

I've been debating about Music as well so that would be a personal choice, tinkering is very handy imho for more then just shovels, but for everything you'll need for each craft, but here's my setup http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/14311 maybe it can give you some idea's :).
  3. David Scraggs

I like your template and I may just drop music and buy GM instruments. I have a bard but I mostly use slayer instruments anyway. Im building a recall miner too which will also be used to dig up treasure chests. How good is GM made bone armor?
  4. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

My main crafter is

GM Tailor, Smith, Carp, Tinker, Mining
    75 Magery
    45 Music
    80 Armslore- (Could be anything you want)

Benefits:
    Tailor, Smith BODs
    Crafting All house add-ons
    Boat Construction- Tinker, Carp, Tailor Required
    Gm Instruments
    Carp, Tinker BODs are in the works
    Better Smelting with higher mining is in the works
    fooka03 likes this.
  5. David Scraggs

Any advantage to having mining and blacksmithing on the same character?
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Hadrian, WhiteZero and pinky_ like this.
  7. David Scraggs

With the battle miner I would just be fighting the occasional troll or ettin and ore elementals and golems. Are they that tough? Also the Nox Fencer… What is the advantage to having poisoning? Couldn't you poison the weapon with another character? Im guessing the advantage would be being able to repoison a weapon in the dungeon.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Member

If you are entering the BOD game you might want to take the soon to come carpenter/fletcher/tinker BODs into your planning.

Cosmo
    Basoosh likes this.
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Battle miners generally use gargoyle pickaxes and shovels to get their ingots, spawning ore elementals and golems. They're not super tough, but many are invulnerable to tames and magic, so you'll want a physical damage dealer. And the faster you kill them, the faster you gain ingots, so you definitely want your template built for it.

Nox fencers are mostly for CTF, in my opinion. It allows you to bring and constantly poison your best weapon.
    Hadrian likes this.
  10. Bates

Bates Member

For Battle Mining we do things diff here, go read this http://uorforum.com/threads/renaiss...s-for-creative-writers.8694/page-3#post-71316 Namely the sections about Gargoyle Axes and Shovels.

Personally for hunting the Golems I use 3 Chars.

Char 1: Anat, Parry, Tact, Sword, Heal, Mining with 50 Real Magery and Hiding This is my Digger as the Golems Lock on him. Wearing Full Plate and Heater.
    Char 2: Anat, Heal, Tact, Mace, Resist, Magery, 50 Hiding and Med. This is my PK Deterrent. Chain/Ring.
    Char 3: Anat, Tact, Heal, Axe, LJ, Item ID, 50 Hiding and Magery. Used to ID'ing all the goodies from the high end veins with Pick Axes.

With proper macros setup for cross healing this team rocks. I admit, I'm also abusing my ADHD by being able to multi task like a mofo but hey, about time it paid off. ;)

Once you know your cave you can easily setup so that you can pin the spawn to the wall right off the bat with only shifting Char 1. With a bit of Practice you can be pulling 6-7k Ingots per hour on Shovels or 6-7k Gold with tonnes of Loot and various ingots (maybe 1-2k)
    Hadrian likes this.
  11. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

also with the nox fencer, you have a higher % of landing the poison with the poisoning on character.
  12. David Scraggs

Bates, I doubt I will ever be at that level for mining. If I get consumed by the BOD market your system would be the way to go! In fact I wouldn't mind observing that taking place!

Im working the tailoring right now for the Bod Collector Alchemist. I have enough cloth and leather so its just a macro game for now. Next I will build his carpentry and fletching followed by smithing. Im also going to add tinkering to him.. Why not ? He is a just for Collecting BODs.

Basoosh, I have been wanting to try the CTF but I haven't PVP'd in years. Im going to start building the Nox Fencer too! I have plenty of poison kegs from GMing alchemy to build his poisoning up.
  13. Quayle

Quayle Member

Is there any particular reason why your Super Crafter wouldn't also be your Bod collector?
  14. Bates

Bates Member

Quayle, I think Gideon intends that Char's 1,2 and 3 are on separate accounts. You can Collect 1 of each Bod Per account every 6 hours.

Hence having Tailoring and Smithing repeated 3 times in his Template list. When they Introduce Carp and Tink Bod's it'll mess alot of us old dogs up. LOL.
  15. Cosmo

Cosmo Member

I think all will have to rethink their crafting strategies, since all bodcollectors to be effective will have 5 skills occupied
    for BOD's alone.

I am still thinking about if I really want to enter that game, since I will need 4 chars if I want to be able to make everything.
    Well actually at least 5 if I want get my own ingots and boards.

Lots of dedication required, and as new on the shard there is so many other things one would want to do.

One thing is certain, if you are new and plan to enter the BOD game, you better be prepared and make those
    chars right the first time.

Cosmo
    Hadrian likes this.
  16. Cosmo

Cosmo Member

Doublepost
  17. Quayle

Quayle Member

Ah, right right. I had forgotten about the 6 hour minimum.
  18. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  19. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Wait so they aren't separate systems? like tailor and smithing? was this info posted somewhere? if it was I missed it
  20. Quayle

Quayle Member

Does anyone know if this means you'll need a minimum skill in all 3 to pull a BoD?