Crafting into Bags

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Holden, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I am not sure if this is 'era accurate' but I remember when crafting, the item you created went into whatever bag the material was in. This is useful because I like to create bags of tools that I can quickly drop into my bank/house when not in use instead of dragging each and also to quickly see how many of said tool I have.

This does not happen here- I have tried with the material and tinker tool in the bag also tried with a pouch. Is this a bug or intended? and if intended would the community be in favor of a change?
    Athena and Basoosh like this.
  2. Athena

Athena Active Member

I remember this as well but I think it was added in the AoS era with the item on the EA shards called the salvage bag that would insta smelt/cut/unravel any items in the bag when it was given a command. Still this is a nice idea I miss making little tool bags and it would also help with people putting armor sets in a pouch and such for vendoring.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'd be in favor of that.
  4. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Razor can do that for you...
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I wouldn't be opposed to a change but I don't recall ever seeing that in my time in UO.

Aside from things like potions being filled, staying in the bag where the empties were.

Otherwise, like LanDarr said, you can just use Razor. Either add an Organizer Agent to the loop or even a drag/drop by type to container.
  6. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

He's right, you could craft into bags if the tool you were using was in a 2ndary. It was pretty useful for dumping trash
  7. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

it was prior to AOS because I stopped playing before then and it wasn't anything special, you just put the tool (maybe it was the supplies) into a bag in your main pouch and whatever you crafted would appear in that pouch.