CTF Group organizer.

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by bart simpson, Jan 22, 2015.

1. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello everyone. I am starting this thread for players wishing to locate and cordinate for CTF matches. one big thing that will ease headache and make your CTF experience more enjoyable is
    joinging a voice chat program. The ability to communicate with your team or even just listen to their stragety is huge. 2 Public mumble servers are available: Blaise's uor.mumbleserver.me port 36236 and U0R's mumble.uorenaissance.com port 36334

Feel free to post your character builds for CTF as well. Cheers, cya guys out there :)
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

That only works for folks who can use a chat program...... I imagine I'm not only person who can't or dislikes chat programs.
    It's one big reason why I don't attempt CTF anymore..

But good idea, for folks who can.
    thanks for starting this thread

Westra
  3. The hound

The hound Active Member

Seriously?
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I don't find voice chat necessary. I've actually been on a (winning) team where a teammate stopped attacking and healing to write out "THAT GUY HAS OUR FLAG. KILL HIM" because I was doing something idiotic and attacking someone else with no flag or any importance in the game at that moment.

It is definitely an advantage to use voice chat. Not necessarily for picking targets, that much is obvious, but because it is very hard for me to see who has what flag (it's written in text above their heads and the Resynch hotkey I have doesn't show that when it refreshes names on the screen). But I have been on teams that have done well and beaten coordinated voice chat teams, and been on teams that have been close to doing so and otherwise would have were it not for someone who became a human pincushion, or just went AFK during the match.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You can use All Names hotkeys to find the flag carriers as well.

Voice is not mandatory but it is the most efficient tool for coordination in group activities. This is not exclusive to CTF.

As I explained in a recent IRC conversation, I have been running around in CTF yelling in all caps who has the flag, since this shard started hosting CTF matches.

All that aside, I can be found in IRC quite regularly and if I'm able to party for CTF, I will party with anyone serious about trying to work together for a win.
    I have almost every template you'd want to see in there so if we want to match up accordingly, coordinate in advance.

Sincerely,
    Blaise

Main Characters for CTF:
    Nox Fencer
    Lumberjack
    Stun Mage
    Scribe Macer
    Parry Macer
  6. newme

newme Well-Known Member

lol Yes Hound Seriously

:)
    Cynic likes this.
  7. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I actually feel the same way. Maybe we can get Blaise to join our all-bards/no-voice-chat team, Westra.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'd certainly try it if you all want to get down with the Bardness.
  9. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Fire horns all around!
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I wonder if they are also free-use in there. Gonna have to test it out.
  11. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Feel free to use KoS's Ventrilo server for CTF's, also. Heck, as long as its UO, I don't care who uses it. We've had it up and running for years and it won't be going anywhere. If you need a password protected channel, just lemme know.

IP: vigilant.typefrag.com
    Port: 6900
  12. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Long-time blue teamer Gene can't use voice or his wife might kill him he said. :eek:o_O:confused: