CTF Questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Jan 29, 2019.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

How often and when are CTF's typically hosted?

I used to play CTF a lot on the old Defiance shard and am keen to start up again. I was recognised as the top 1-2 flaggers on that shard back in the day, without blowing my own trumpet. However since I am from UK and am on a US shard that probably isn't the case now :)

Also, on Defiance there was a CTF League, where matches between different guilds took place once a week (normally on weekends) and whoever won the league would be rewarded with blessed, marked clothing. Is this a thing here?
  2. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

the cft events had stoped a little. I think they will come back between christmas and valentines... they was not so hot... the ones i participate was more like teams against random players.. i don't remember a general ranking or guild dispute... is a good idea... we just need to convince the Vets that this kind event is also fun.. usually people are more interested in spend their time accumulating resources.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne Well-Known Member

Like @Xavant_BR said It'll pick back up after the holidays. The reward system for CTF goes to the 3 top players of that match for each team. Plat trophies are rewarded for Flag Runner, Most Kills and Top Healer. Those are the only rewards for CTF and a IRC and Ingame message recognition.
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  5. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

Thanks for replies guys.

I'd definitely be all for an automated ctf system, I'm sure it would work.

On Defiance, that was THE main event of the shard; it was very competitive and always had high numbers per game. Supplies were given for free so it was a good place to get respite from the risk factor of regular PVP. Wall of stone was a key spell in preventing flaggers from getting into your base and it promoted real team work on UO.

Defiance pretty much ended when CTFL was packed in.
  6. TheDarkOne

You do bring your own regs and weapons etc. But your reagents and pots stay unlimited exluding explode pots. So you could bring one of each reagent and pots but need to suply your own explode pots. @Chris 's design for CTF is pretty legit.
  7. TheDarkOne

Bandages are not unlimited though, failed to mention that.