CUB Points

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Shiloh, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Shiloh

Shiloh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Based on comments throughout the last few years it sounds as though many people have been hoarding their stuff waiting for CUB.

I'm kinda curious and was wondering how much stuff everyone had been saving and what it is going to translate into for individual total copper amounts.

Does anyone have any projections on what they think total copper turn in quantities could reach -- on an individual basis?

I've only thrown in a few bags so far and it seems the average turned out to be around 400 copper per bag.
  2. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

I have maybe 50 bags of fishing junk, so I think I'm looking at like 20k whenever I turn it in. I'm not totally sure though, I could be way off in either direction. I'll update when I actually get to turn it in.
  3. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

well, I was way off. I turned in 11,751 items for 44,903 copper and 2513.6 resources :)
  4. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I did some real quick calculations based on what’s in 3 CUB houses + my private stash.

I was netting on average 800-1400 per pouch. Pouches are stacked floor to ceiling in 3 properties.

Then Lutz sold the first barrel with 10k copper in for 90k. Setting the initial price.
    Meaning that the cub in the cub houses equates to about 22-30 million in gold.

But that price just doubled.

So, that means there is now 44-60 million gold worth of cub in those houses.

A few things worth considering though is that there will be this initial explosion of purchasable copper and their respective rewards, cosmetic deco, Moats, teleporter tiles etc etc - BUT - when that initial explosion is over (because everyone active has converted their cub) there is going to potentially be a drought.

No ones going to suddenly have a giant stack of CUB again. We’ll amass it slowly. Which means the price will potentially sky rocket due to supply and demand.
    PaddyOBrien and Jill Stihl like this.
  5. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

yea its going to be interesting to see if people try to unload it all at once or let it trickle out.
  6. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Yes and no.

Yes early, no later.

There aren't enough rewards yet to make this sustainable. IE: Only a few people will buy 85 flame throwing dragon faces to deco their keep. Most people will have 1 or 2. There will only be so many people that cover every inch of their fortress with treasure piles. Most people will have 1 or 2.

Once that initial in-rush rolls through, it will calm down.

The big outcome I hope to see is people dropping their CUB houses after cashing out.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. Earsnot

I can guarantee at least 5 patio spots gonna go. Hah

I agree with you that right now the rewards are limited - but I’m working off of the predictable unpredictability of how long till the other stuffs implemented.

I think lots of people are gonna blow their wads early on the smaller cosmetic items. Then when the good good shit drops - that’s when I reckon my predictions will stand.

Who knows though bud! We could both be wrong! Micro economics is interesting as fuck.
  8. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Any of them patios in nice spots? hah.
  9. Earsnot

One is secluded, mountain behind it, water in front of it. I’ll holla once it’s CUB free.