(Delete please)IRC help

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Airin, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, can someone please help me with IRC?

I already had it started, everything was fine and now I logged out and can't get back in.

At the start it always showed that "Your evaluation copy has expired" , there was a choice of "register" and "continue" buttons. I always clicked continue, waited and clicked continue again for it to start. Now there is no continue, only "register" or :exit". And registering is about 15 dollars. It wont let me do anything else.

I tried restarting my pc, and re-installing IRC. Nothing helps.

Thanks
    Airin
  2. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

Pm Telamon for some help.shouldnt cost you anything
  3. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for a fast reply :). I am trying the old versions now, but they will not connect. If it doesn't work, I will contact Telamon.
    Thanks
  4. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

It's working. I installed it for the 3rd time and it thinks I still have 30 days to evaluate it. I hope it won't change it's mind again :).
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I know you said it's working, but I am assuming you are using a commercial client of some type.

There is a flash based irc you can use at no charge from www.uorenaissance.com. There is no download for that, just need a flash based web browser.

There are more then a few free clients that are a good bit of an improvement over the web based one. I am sure we can get you access to one if you wanted a standalone client with a friendlier interface and easier to use.

Then there are clients you pay for, like the ever popular mIRC, it cost $5 but iirc you can use the evaluation version forever and not have to worry about anything other than clicking past the please buy it option.

I like to run irc from my Android while on the go, so I bought one for it for $5, and it has so many options and the commands are mostly there by clicking a button instead of having to type the commands yourself, and it has the ability to record logs and seperate by channel and user name and time stamps and we'll a lot of stuff, but you can find all of those features on free clients also, I just really like this one so I bought it.
    Cherie likes this.
  6. Cha

Cha Well-Known Member

I prefer mirc been using it as long as Ive had computer. Yes ü can use the "trial version" forever. Or you can pay the 5dollars for it which is basicly for support as Ive done. Or take the bit more illegal way and get cracked version but that aint allowed. :)
  7. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your advice. I downloaded the program from the "IRC Connection Guide" (I might have made a mistake in the name of the thread). I do not really mind, paying some sort of support fee, but I don't want to do it before I am sure that I will use it and that it will work.

I saw the flash based version, and I didn't like it much, it looks a bit confusing.

I really like the mIRC that I have downloaded from the guide. I was just getting used to working in it and it is great :)
    And since you both say, I can use the trial version for longer I hope I will be able to stay with it. I still don't know what happened to make it stop working, so I hope it will be fine now.

It's nice to know, it's also for Android :). My UO addiction is getting worse so I might get it in the future ;-)

Thanks again, it is so nice to have help with these things! I am quite useless when it comes to computer programs.
  8. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

If you do want one for android, I've used many many ones, I can help you decide when that time comes
  9. Cha

Cha Well-Known Member

Hit me up with those aswell. Need one for phone that would Actually work.